Which RAers have you met IRL? (Read 1624 times)

Flat footer

No one Cry yet
      Met IRL Bonkin jlynnbob mbk tschepsit
      If you replace me with Modal and add Jagadeesh, then that's my list, too.
      I'm looking forward to meeting many more in November at the Monkey! Smile
      Ditto to this.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Purdey

Self anointed title

Awww...thanks, man. I'd love to come over to the UK again and meet up with you and Slinky, too. Smile This place has me wanting to travel all over the world just to run with RA peeps (that, and eat fish-n-chips and stuff). Big grin
        K, You are welcome to come and visit anytime! We might even stretch to getting some haddock n chips and putting you guys up for the night!

No one Cry yet
          Mark your calendar for Sunday September 28th at noon, you can probably add most of these Good Times reprobates* to your "met IRL" list in one fell swoop. The Kerouac 5K is a bit hilly, but the cold beers afterward make up for it.
          Trentman359 - Trent rike101 - Rich dprice81- Dennis seeEricarun - Erica Mile Collector - Eric Lostinthenet13 - Doug evtish - Tom jaybar - Jay Eric and Erica have been here forever, the rest I've dragged from RA to Good Times or from Good Times to RA.
          *Eric and Erica are not Good Times reprobates

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Hoodoo Guru

I'm pretty sure "Trent" is just an internet troll, not a real life person. No one is stupid enough to attempt some of the stunts he claims. I mean, who would want to run a hard marathon or turn a 21 mile run into 42 miles. Ridiculous.

The tangents are moot.

A Saucy Wench

Jillybeans!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Teresadfp

One day at a time

RunToWin (Blaine). I either see him running by really fast, or I'm trudging by him when he's volunteering at a race! Mainerunnah must have run by me when I volunteered at the LL Bean 10k on the Fourth, but I don't know which one he was...
                  Ive met Huricaneshaunna Smile
                    I met Daddyo and the legendary Marathon Junkie in Niagara last month. But they are both way cooler than me, so they might not want to admit it.

Run the race God set B4U

No one yet Sad I may get to meet Marathon Junkie in March next year at the LR Marathon, he told me he would be there Smile
                      5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)
                      RunAsics

The Limping Jogger

There's a real life?

"Only a few more laps to go and then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is."

To date, between that old place (CR) and here, I have only met one person and that was last night when I met up with Kiki2 to work with her on doing track work. I do occassionally email with Sarah from Waterbury CT and it is possible for us to meet up someday. I'm going to be in Miami next March and hoping to find a race there and maybe meet up with somebody like VixiDu. Trying to get one of my running friend Tanya to join here, but she just doesn't seem to be interested. Larry

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

By the way, when i said I thought Blain was an excellent idea for a coach, i didn't realize he was also form Portland Maine. Guess that makes even more sense now.
                            RunToWin (Blaine). I either see him running by really fast, or I'm trudging by him when he's volunteering at a race! Mainerunnah must have run by me when I volunteered at the LL Bean 10k on the Fourth, but I don't know which one he was...

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Giant Flaming Dork

LPH I'm sure that we will run across (next to, behind, etc) at some point. Someone's trying to talk me into the "Litchfield Hills Road Race" for next year... And I plan on not missing the WHR run next time.

http://xkcd.com/621/

Go Pre!

I met Marathon Junkie and the legendary Daddyo in Niagara last month. But they are both way cooler than me, so they might not want to admit it.
                                Fixed Smile By the way it was an awesome day! I have also met tuf_aint_enough - once while lined up at porto potties, and once when he blew by me in a HM.