Potato Head's BQ attempt (Read 914 times)

Congratulations on the PR and on the upcoming wedding.  Sorry to read about your Dad.  Your report was very inspiring.  Thanks for sharing it.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

A Saucy Wench

Awesome job tater

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

#artbydmcbride

{{MrPHinNJ}}  18 minute PR!!

Runners run

Slo

Very nice MR.PHinNJ

First.....I am sorry for your loss.

I like your no-excuses.....it is what it is.....attitude and just go about getting it done. There is no doubt in my mind that you are Boston Qualified. I watched your training....you made the investment. We can drag our asses out of bed, we can run tiressly up and down the roads and streets and sidewalks logging our miles. Adjust our plans to accomadate for life stuff, find that mental toughness to push thru that final 1/2 mile in a hard run tempo.......there is alot we can control and thats what you did very well......controlling what you could and rolling with what you couldn't.

I hope that you are happy....not to be mistaken with being satisified......with your marathon time. Job well done. Here's wishing for less of what you can't control in your next attempt !

Ojo

So sorry about your Dad.  And thanks for sharing your story.

Sara

MM #2929

GST

Sorry for your loss Sad

congrats on your pr

L Train

Boston 2011, no doubts.  Way to go under the circumstances, Tater.

Great report & a courageous effort Mr PHinNJ.  Sorry to hear about your Dad.
                  xor

Real Life and running don't mix well sometimes.  You did great on a day where the weather wasn't your friend.

You'll get it next time.

Mitch & Pete's Mom

So sorry to hear about your Pops.

I believe you did your dad, your family and yourself a huge honor by attempting the race. If I were your future son in law, I would be on my knees thanking you for letting me into your family.

Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.

Valiant effort under the circumstances. Congrats on bettering your best marathon time.

That's the only smoke to blow. In tater's own words, it is what it is. The   should be reserved though.

Sorry for your loss. We all have have 'em and it sucks. Carry on.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

It has been inspirational following your progress in training and with your successes in racing this year. All things considered, that's a great race no matter the time.

Current Goals: Run and stuff

Very nice MR.PHinNJ

First.....I am sorry for your loss.

I like your no-excuses.....it is what it is.....attitude and just go about getting it done. There is no doubt in my mind that you are Boston Qualified. I watched your training....you made the investment. We can drag our asses out of bed, we can run tiressly up and down the roads and streets and sidewalks logging our miles. Adjust our plans to accomadate for life stuff, find that mental toughness to push thru that final 1/2 mile in a hard run tempo.......there is alot we can control and thats what you did very well......controlling what you could and rolling with what you couldn't.

I hope that you are happy....not to be mistaken with being satisified......with your marathon time. Job well done. Here's wishing for less of what you can't control in your next attempt !

Tim -- +1 -- wow ... I figured something must have gone horribly wrong b/c your training was right there -- I just had no idea of the extent.  I am sorry about the loss of your Father and hope that in the coming weeks and months that you can find some healing and that your running helps in that regard.

Regarding ther race - agree with SloHand -- you should be happy and proud [and I expect "satisfied" subsequent to BQ attempt redux.]  Nice work under tough conditions.  Thanks for the report.

2012= under-goaled

MoBramExam

Props from one of your biggest fans.

Good job Potatoe head!  Dont sweat it you will make that BQ soon.  Sorry to here about your Dad's passing all the best.