2014 Holiday Running Streak (Read 554 times)

xhristopher

Don't be ashamed Kathleen, his running streak is really only 3 days and 25.2 miles.  We all just do the best we can. This is about personal momentum.  You're doing fine.

Dude, you had to burst my bubble. I was purposely not clicking on his log in the belief that he ran 59 miles Wednesday.

Don't be ashamed Kathleen, his running streak is really only 3 days and 25.2 miles.  We all just do the best we can. This is about personal momentum.  You're doing fine.

Sorry.  Forgot my early morning 3 miler.  It has been added!

As for Kathleen's post, nothing wrong with doing a single mile and keeping her streak going.  My post was in answer to an earlier post by a couple of people that were doing 50-60+ miles a week.  A little bit different situation.

Keep up the streak everyone!

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

FSBD

How do you decide on a number of miles run equivalent for hockey and golf?

Sorry.  Forgot my early morning 3 miler.  It has been added!

As for Kathleen's post, nothing wrong with doing a single mile and keeping her streak going.  My post was in answer to an earlier post by a couple of people that were doing 50-60+ miles a week.  A little bit different situation.

Keep up the streak everyone!

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

Hockey is relatively easy.  I treat it almost like an interval workout, a pure speed workout.

A hockey game for me is like 90 minutes of straight sprints and I am completely shattered after it.  If I was to compare the effort to an actual sprint workout, it would probably closer to a 10 mile track session.  I started adding a 5 mile "equivalent" for those because during my marathon training I wanted to watch my mileage and make sure I wasn't adding too much effort too quickly and end up getting injured.

I also found I was contemplating skipping the hockey, which was good x-training, for junk or recovery miles just because of the numbers.

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

Dude, you had to burst my bubble. I was purposely not clicking on his log in the belief that he ran 59 miles Wednesday.

Wouldn't that be nice?  Although there are some on here that can do 59 in a single day.  Can't imagine it!

2018 Goals

No racing goals 

npaden

7.1 miles this morning.  This part of the holiday streak is always easy for me.  I still have yet to make it through the family ski vacation over Christmas though.  But I have to keep it going until then to see if I can pull it off this year.  My mileage total is rolling along as well.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

TripleBock

1st week - 7 dyas .. Travel for work Mon - Friday this week, but that is actually easier to get a run in.

7 days - 36 miles, I will need to make up the mileage (14 miles) below 50 to get on track for 250.

I will try and bite off a bit of the short fall tonight and again in the morining ...

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

TripleBock

I get the ski thing, nothing like the dead legs after a day of skiing, I have found that I do much better with a light run before skiing that day to loosen the legs up.

Even harder if you are at some altitude ...

7.1 miles this morning.  This part of the holiday streak is always easy for me.  I still have yet to make it through the family ski vacation over Christmas though.  But I have to keep it going until then to see if I can pull it off this year.  My mileage total is rolling along as well.

Wing

Joggaholic

So far so good with only 33 miles in 7 days, the tough run will be this Sunday, after doing a 12 hr race Saturday. I hope my legs will be in enough shape to do a short run and not need to break my streak.

xhristopher

Hockey is relatively easy.  I treat it almost like an interval workout, a pure speed workout.

A hockey game for me is like 90 minutes of straight sprints and I am completely shattered after it.  If I was to compare the effort to an actual sprint workout, it would probably closer to a 10 mile track session.  I started adding a 5 mile "equivalent" for those because during my marathon training I wanted to watch my mileage and make sure I wasn't adding too much effort too quickly and end up getting injured.

I also found I was contemplating skipping the hockey, which was good x-training, for junk or recovery miles just because of the numbers.

Wait, I'm confused. You log hockey as a running type? I missed that during the first go round. Again, probably due to the 59 mile Wednesday.

I'm completely shattered after a hard night of drinking. Perhaps I should throw a few miles in my log for that. Say, one for each shot??

In terms of olympic level activities ... I'm wondering how many miles running an hour of each of the following activities represents.

• Archery
                      • Athletics
                      • Badminton
                      • Basketball
                      • Beach Volleyball
                      • Boxing
                      • Canoe Slalom
                      • Canoe Sprint
                      • Cycling BMX
                      • Cycling Mountain Bike
                      • Cycling Road
                      • Cycling Track
                      • Diving
                      • Equestrian / Dressage
                      • Equestrian / Eventing
                      • Equestrian / Jumping
                      • Fencing
                      • Football
                      • Golf
                      • Gymnastics Artistic
                      • Gymnastics Rhythmic
                      • Handball
                      • Hockey
                      • Judo
                      • Modern Pentathlon
                      • Rowing
                      • Rugby
                      • Sailing
                      • Shooting
                      • Swimming
                      • Synchronized Swimming
                      • Table Tennis
                      • Taekwondo
                      • Tennis
                      • Trampoline
                      • Triathlon
                      • Volleyball
                      • Water Polo
                      • Weightlifting
                      • Wrestling Freestyle
                      • Wrestling Greco-Roman

jpdeaux

Sub-8:00 for 8 miles. Yay!
                        This run was going faster than it should have been and, close to finishing, I looked at my watch and noticed it was showing 7:59 overall. But then I realized that RA sometimes rounds up, so today's run would show as 8:00 pace. So I picked up the last quarter to push the pace down a few notches.

npaden

Come on X.  You know that several of those would be more accurately classified as swimming or biking!

Wait, I'm confused. You log hockey as a running type? I missed that during the first go round. Again, probably due to the 59 mile Wednesday.

In terms of olympic level activities ... I'm wondering how many miles running an hour of each of the following activities represents.

• Archery
                          • Athletics
                          • Badminton
                          • Basketball
                          • Beach Volleyball
                          • Boxing
                          • Canoe Slalom
                          • Canoe Sprint
                          • Cycling BMX
                          • Cycling Mountain Bike
                          • Cycling Road
                          • Cycling Track
                          • Diving
                          • Equestrian / Dressage
                          • Equestrian / Eventing
                          • Equestrian / Jumping
                          • Fencing
                          • Football
                          • Golf
                          • Gymnastics Artistic
                          • Gymnastics Rhythmic
                          • Handball
                          • Hockey
                          • Judo
                          • Modern Pentathlon
                          • Rowing
                          • Rugby
                          • Sailing
                          • Shooting
                          • Swimming
                          • Synchronized Swimming
                          • Table Tennis
                          • Taekwondo
                          • Tennis
                          • Trampoline
                          • Triathlon
                          • Volleyball
                          • Water Polo
                          • Weightlifting
                          • Wrestling Freestyle
                          • Wrestling Greco-Roman

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

TripleBock

I log other activies as Arc / Stairclimber - Basically as a way to track my non-running, non-weight lifting workouts

I agree sometimes a workout is more intense than running - When I play a hour of cut-throat racquetball, I am much more wiped out than an hour of easy running.  But it still does not make racquetball running.

But - Really I do not give a shit ... It is all good work.

I'm completely shattered after a hard night of drinking. Perhaps I should throw a few miles in my log for that. Say, one for each shot??

cc4life07

Wind is not my friend.

I'm actually extremely interested in what anyone would think would be the relationship between table-tennis and running!?

I seem to get confused by this "Forest" guy everyday on a run and thought I may want to pick-up some of the other sports he participated in...

"Current" PRs

5K - 18:00 (4/19)   |   HM - 1:19:28 (4/22)

Next Race: A 5K of some sort (Goal: Sub 17:30)

I'm actually extremely interested in what anyone would think would be the relationship between table-tennis and running!?

Two of my sons play table-tennis and lately they have both expressed the wish to start running. Must be some secret connection I guess.

Easy 8 km on the TM today. I planned for 10, but time was sort of an issue today due to a hectic work schedule.