2014 Holiday Running Streak (Read 554 times)

Joann Y

I'm in! Thank you Jancika!

I'm looking to beat last year's December streak mileage - 180, maybe even 200 if nothing falls off.

xhristopher

In.

The streak part should be doable. I've got a 4th of July one going now.

The highest monthly mileage part will be a challenge. I'll need 240. But if I can pull that off it will also put me over 2 grand for the year. After a weak start in the early months, that would be a nice accomplishment for this year.

Thanks for the push Jancika.

That's the spirit. This streak got me over 2K in 2012. I crossed that number on New Years eve after a 250ish month.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Well, I'm in, but I'm kind of perpetually in.  Started streaking back when SeanV2 started it two years ago, got 540 days in, had a 3 day break after Boston, and am now at 210 on my new streak.  So maybe some of you others are in for a lot longer than you think... Smile

Count me in!

Thanks for coordinating.

I'm in, though I will likely have to cheat and call walking the dog a run to pull it off...  Highest mileage for the year is definitely within reach.

jeffdonahue

I'm in.

The streak thing shouldn't be an issue, I've been going since 2007.

the mileage might be tough for me, I'll need 155 to top my April mileage which was my highest before my injury in May.

I'm in. I started with this last year and since my body isn't complaining, I'll just keep going. Smile

You're one day ahead of me Smile .

It's funny how I started the streak with all sorts of doubts, but now I really don't think about it at all. It just goes on. I've run (albeit the minimum) with a stomach bug and with sinus infection, no big deal. My weekdays are not an issue at all because of the nature of my work, but  there is some planning required on working weekends (sometime I leave for a wedding at 6 am and return home at 4 am the next day, being on my feet or in the car all the time). There was a run at 3.30 am after returning home from the wedding, because I knew I had two other shootings the next day and that there would be no time.

Awsome, jeffdonahue!

TripleBock

OK - I am not into streaks, but I could use an excuse for getting my ass into regular exercise.

Put me down for 250 miles

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

Seanv2

Alright, put me down for 180 miles, please.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Ojo

Count me in since I have been going strong for over 3 years now. I am hoping to run at least 250 for miles for the year, which includes one more marathon December 14.

Thanks! 

Sara

MM #2929

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

... I really don't think about it at all.

That's the key.  Streaking is easier than not for me, because I WILL run on any given day.

And thanks for running the show this year, Jancika!

I think I need to get onboard the Holiday Running Streak again. --- In fact, I need to carry it all the way through 2015.

I noticed when streaking, my mileage was much higher per week.  (I got out every day, vice finding an excuse not to run on 3 days of the week)  I was hitting PR's for distance, and PR's for speed in the 5K's at the same time, so the streak I did was excellent.

Add me on, I am going to give it a shot. :-)   Let me put down a low-bar goal of:  100 Miles in Dec.

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Christirei

I was able to run 185 miles last December and not sure I can get this year but I will have to be close to have my highest mileage month...we'll see if I can make it happen

Ojo

Oops!  When I looked at the chart it says December miles -- I was thinking 250 between Thanksgiving and the end of the year.  December will most likely be 200 miles.

Sorry! 

Sara

MM #2929

Oops!  When I looked at the chart it says December miles -- I was thinking 250 between Thanksgiving and the end of the year.  December will most likely be 200 miles.

Sorry! 

No problem  . And congrats on going strong for so long!