Garmin 405 Release Date (Read 4388 times)

The Greatest of All Time

I put both of them on one wrist. It's definitely smaller. Noticeably smaller. I know it didn't really look it in pictures, but in person it seemed half as big. Mostly because of the circle vs. rectangle thing. It also felt much, much lighter. It hugged my wrist a lot better than my 305 does, fit a lot snugger and more stable. Sorry, man. Maybe you'd have a different opinion. (But if I were you I wouldn't go check Tight lipped )
    DAMN. Looks like I might have a slightly used 305 on E-bay in the near future. So, REI has them now?
    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
    JakeKnight

So, REI has them now?
      That's what the guy at the expo said. I haven't seem them at REI myself, and last I heard there they weren't expecting them until June. Confused

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

My sweet new crank!

They are shipping next week. Per the guy I know at Garmin.
        Ryan O'D Gurnee, IL by way of Madison, WI via Wichita, KS via Denver, CO

The Greatest of All Time

They are shipping next week. Per the guy I know at Garmin.
          Double Damn.

I personally think the "deficiencies" of the 405 (as compared to the 305) have been way overblown.
            Also, the spec sheet that Trent posted clearly shows that the 405 is notably smaller and lighter than the 305.
            I don't normally toot my own horn, but .... TOOT!

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Kings Canyon NP 07'

Looks like mine arrives at REI on 4-30......I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve.

left-right-left-right-repeat

The Greatest of All Time

I just sucked it up and ordered a 405 from REI. I will have it on Tuesday the 29th. Amazon is letting me return my 305 so that worked out quite well.

The Greatest of All Time

I just sucked it up and ordered a 405 from REI. I will have it on Tuesday the 29th. Amazon is letting me return my 305 so that worked out quite well.

Can't wait to see the first-hand reports. Meanwhile, I'll have to "suffer" along with my giant 305 until I can manufacturer a good enough rationalization to upgrade. Big grin Seeing the side-by-side comparison makes me feel like this when I strap on the 305:

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

The Greatest of All Time

Can't wait to see the first-hand reports. Meanwhile, I'll have to "suffer" along with my giant 305 until I can manufacturer a good enough rationalization to upgrade. Big grin Seeing the side-by-side comparison makes me feel like this when I strap on the 305:
                      It's not that bad. I wouldn't have upgraded if Amazon wouldn't have let me return my 305. It' essentially costing about $100 to upgrade to the 405.

That's several cases of beer. Not worth it.
                        JakeKnight

Dude, I hope you got to play with one first. Don't hold me responsible if you get it and decide you liked the 305.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                          -----------------------------

The Greatest of All Time

Dude, I hope you got to play with one first. Don't hold me responsible if you get it and decide you liked the 305.
                            Don't worry. I won't blame you. I will blame Trent. It's his trenternet anyway.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Good point. My concern with the 405 is that the fancy bezel-twisting or whatever you have to do will be a problem in the run. On the 305, adjustments/changes can easily be made on the fly by pushing the buttons, but I think it will be more difficult on the 405. Also, that 405 display looks a little small. When I look at my watch on the run, I don't want to have to squint. Me likes big numbers. /raining on the 405 parade 'cuz I'm jealous.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

The Greatest of All Time

Good point. My concern with the 405 is that the fancy bezel-twisting or whatever you have to do will be a problem in the run. On the 305, adjustments/changes can easily be made on the fly by pushing the buttons, but I think it will be more difficult on the 405.
                                I thought about that too, but I never changed my data screen while running with the 305. But then I had it set so I had everything I wanted to know on screen 1: HR Pace Distance Overall Time Now that it looks like I am going to have a max of 3 datum I may have to change it up while running. I will give this a shot tomorrow night and see how it goes.