Marathon vs. HM Performance (Read 473 times)

Here's a report and analysis of another study of marathon vs. half marathon performances. This one is based on the results of approximately 600 finishers over two years who ran the same two HM and marathon races spaced 4 weeks apart. The researcher compiles the results into seven categories of marathon finishing times from sub-3 hours to 4:30+. He also analyzes the quality of marathon race pacing within each of the seven categories. Marathon vs. HM Comparison and Anaylsis
    Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Great article - put numbers to most of the opinions from the previous thread on this subject. Lots of good info for those of us who are moderately trained regarding goals and what to expect. So, here's a question then. I was going to target 3:45 for my next marathon. I had felt, until I read this series of articles, fairly confident that I could hit that. Should I reathink my goals, or should I simply focus on training as well as possible and hope that I'm on the leading edge of the statistics?
      hanan.joseph

you don't need to set a new trarget but rethink of your targets according to your training. you should be familiar with the desired marathon pace, e.g 10 time 1000 @marathon pace, long run include 10 miles @ marathon pace, and think weather you can handle it for 26 miles. Hanan