Nipple Chafing (Read 2491 times)

#artbydmcbride

I wouldn't want to disgust you.

The moobs will be gone in a couple of weeks.... but I still won't post pics.

You anticipate some heavy duty chafing??

Runners run

Purdey

Self anointed title

That would be one way to get rid of them. No - I'm planning some running.

ultramarathon/triathlete

6 pages on nipple chaffing is too much for me to read so forgive me if this has been said:

Put neosporen on them once they are chaffed, it knocks a few days off the healing process, get the kind that numbs pain a bit.

Then start wearing bandaids or use body glide.Smile

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
        Gatorade Endurance Team

xhristopher

I'm surprised no one has proposed this already: take a pair of scissors and cut two holes in your shirts in the appropriate locations.  

You might get some funny looks and potentially some come-ons, but you sure won't have a problem with nipple chafing anymore.  Big grin

How does this work out in the winter with multiple layers? I think if anyone tried it the next thread would be about "nipple frost bite."

northernman

Fight The Future

I said this a while ago, and got scoffed at, but now I've done the math, and I think a better solution than Bandaids really is Kinesio tape. It feels much better, is soft, stays on until you are done running, then peels off with minimal pain and hair pulling. If you cut 1/2 x 1/2 inch squares, they cost less than one cent each, compared to Bandaids for about 10 or 20 cents each, depending on the type. Even if you have larger nipples, the cost savings will be significant after 20 years, or so (about $2,000 if you run 5 times a week)

Purdey

Self anointed title

Even if you have larger nipples, the cost savings will be significant after 20 years, or so (about $2,000 if you run 5 times a week)

Define "larger nipples".

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Why do you take your bandaids off?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Put neosporen on them once they are chaffed, it knocks a few days off the healing process

1. Neosporin often causes allergic reactions and really should never be used for anything.  Inflamed allergiv nipples is, er, bad.

2. Nipple chafing usually heals in a day or so, so I am not sure how you can knock a few days off.

Is nipple chafing so extreme that you need plasters for every run? 

I'd always assumed it was the particularly wet, long or sweaty ones where chafing was a big issue.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Purdey

Self anointed title

Why do you take your bandaids off?

It looks silly at the swimming pool if you keep them on.

It looks silly at the swimming pool if you keep them on.

You could draw some nipples on.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Is nipple chafing so extreme that you need plasters for every run? 

I'd always assumed it was the particularly wet, long or sweaty ones where chafing was a big issue.

Typically, but you never know when it might strike AND when you run every day, the risk rises.

Fair enough, sometimes I'm glad to be female.

My nipple chafing equivalent seems to arise at random too, not related to mileage, temperature or anything I can fathom.

2. Nipple chafing usually heals in a day or so, so I am not sure how you can knock a few days off.

Not in my experience.  And recidivist nipples are especially slow to heal (and quick to re-re-chafe).

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

djtaylor

I said this a while ago, and got scoffed at, but now I've done the math, and I think a better solution than Bandaids really is Kinesio tape. It feels much better, is soft, stays on until you are done running, then peels off with minimal pain and hair pulling. If you cut 1/2 x 1/2 inch squares, they cost less than one cent each, compared to Bandaids for about 10 or 20 cents each, depending on the type. Even if you have larger nipples, the cost savings will be significant after 20 years, or so (about $2,000 if you run 5 times a week)

This man is a genius!  I bought some KT Tape years ago and have never found it to do anything useful for me until I read your post while searching for a nip-fix last night.  Holy hell - this is the best and most cost effective nipple chafing solution that exists.