Subscribe Question (Read 608 times)

Prince of Fatness

I really don't have any interest in being emailed when threads are updated, but I have opted to follow a couple just so they show up on my list.  The problem is whenever I post on one of the threads it prompts me to confirm my email address.  I am not receiving emails, and my post goes through (I just click on a different link to get out of the dialog).

Am I missing something?

Not at it at all. 

eric :)

I think you requested email subscription for one or more topics.  You can unsubscribe the topic and then select follow should stop it from prompting you to verify your email address.  You can tell which topics you have subscribed or followed from the My Topics menu item under Forums.

Prince of Fatness

Thanks, I'll try what you said.  There was only one thread that I subscribed to and also replied in, so I unsubscribed and resubscribed (follow).  I'll let you know if it is still a problem.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Hmm.  It just did it again in my last post in this thread.  I am sure that I am hitting follow, and am not getting emails either.  It's just asking me to verify email when I post.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Test post.  I verified my email and want to see if it asks me to to it again.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Test post.  I verified my email and want to see if it asks me to to it again.

It did not ask me to verify email this time.  So it appears that even though I select "Follow" I need to verify my email address to use the feature.

Not at it at all.