I can has Garmin... (Read 1384 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Can't use SportsTracks on a Mac. End of story. Can't use SportsTracks on some PCs. Can't link to SportsTracks or easily share your activities with others. Many browsers don't support embedded png images, such as the one you linked to above. That one looks like a screenshot as opposed to a direct image link or download. Running AHEAD will ultimately have a great online GPS tool Smile I gotta check out Ascent, which appears to have a $35 fee...
    runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I am considering a heart rate monitor .Looked at the Garmin 301 on EBay. Decided not to bid. After reading your post I am glad I did not bid. Computer handicapped I am. Took 2 hours to email pics. Yeah, I know it only takes 1 minute. RIGHT! Smile. Will get a heart rate monitor, KISS. Big grin

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Can't use SportsTracks on a Mac. End of story. Can't use SportsTracks on some PCs. Can't link to SportsTracks or easily share your activities with others.
        Oh Trent, I'll be nice to you.... Every SportTracks map, graph and chart has a builtin function to save to .jpg. SportTracks can also export your run data to a .gpx file and/or to Google Earth, both of which are easy to share. There are also plugins for export to .html and .crs files. The .html plugin also includes a builtin ftp function to upload to websites. Also, you can use SportTracks on a Mac with some PC emulation software. Yes its apparently is a bit of work to set up, but I can't let a categorical statement go by unchallenged. Smile

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Ha! I emulate PC on my Mac. But most emulation software has trouble with peripherals, and last I heard (which, admittedly, was a while ago), there were no drivers for Emulated PC on Mac to read Garmin's devices. IMO, PC on a Mac is not a Mac Wink Export as jpg is nice, but the image posted above was a screen capture. With no personal experience using the tool, what I saw seemed to be what you got. If there is export as jpg, why did the poster use screen capture, I wonder? Or, if that is the export as jpg, why does Sports Tracks include the menubar, etc in the exported graphic? Just wondering.
            Export as jpg is nice, but the image posted above was a screen capture. With no personal experience using the tool, what I saw seemed to be what you got. If there is export as jpg, why did the poster use screen capture, I wonder? Or, if that is the export as jpg, why does Sports Tracks include the menubar, etc in the exported graphic?
            Said poster was trying to link to a demo screenshot from the SportTracks website, not an export from his/her own run log. Here's a couple unedited/uncropped exports from my most recent run from SportTracks: SportTracks lets you set the size of the exported files; these are the "small" variety. Larger ones show more detail.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Let me say this : NICE! Smile
              JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

since someone mentioned it....how do I set my garmin305 to do the auto-lap at each mile? Jilly Thanks!
                "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

Dave

Ha! I emulate PC on my Mac. But most emulation software has trouble with peripherals, and last I heard (which, admittedly, was a while ago), there were no drivers for Emulated PC on Mac to read Garmin's devices. IMO, PC on a Mac is not a Mac Wink
                  I couldn't get it to work on Parallels but it works fine on VMware Fusion. Its worth it to me to pollute my mac with a copy of Windows Wink

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

using the" mode" button, select the topic "training" press enter. Select "training options" press enter. Select "auto lap" press enter. Select "by distance" move down to "Lap at" press enter. Select "mile" press enter. That's it now use mode button to go back to your starting screen.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

kcam

Another vote for Sporttracks. I've used MB which is orders of magnitude better than the poor excuse for sofware that Garmin ships with the 301/305 but I prefer Sporttracks. When I do a long trail run the first thing I do when I get home is to load it up on Sporttracks and export it to Google Earth. So cool to see the trails I ran in GE. Another feature that I like on ST is the pace splits (for me 1 mile) graph and also split vs average pace graph. So much data, so little tme to analyze it!

The Greatest of All Time

I am leaning towards SportsTracks as well. The Garmin software is crap. I like the graphs a litle better in ST v. MB. If you go to my River to River RR, I put charts in my post for all three of my legs that include pace, distance, HR, and elevation. The graph was easily saved as a .jpg and you have 5 different sizes to chose from when saving. The truth is that I have only begun to scratch the surface of ST.
                        all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                          I am leaning towards SportsTracks as well. The Garmin software is crap. I like the graphs a litle better in ST v. MB. The truth is that I have only begun to scratch the surface of ST.
                          Search the plugins, some of them are excelent. Off the top of my head, the best ones are: overlay tools, weather, accumulated summary, elevation correction. and more Glad to see it's working
                            Double damn, double post

The Greatest of All Time

Search the plugins, some of them are excelent. Off the top of my head, the best ones are: overlay tools, weather, accumulated summary, elevation correction. and more Glad to see it's working
                              Where do I do that Kenny?
                              all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                              areesemd

Not Kenny, don't own a GPS, but did poke around the site a little. Go to "Downloads", up in the upper right is a tab that says "Plug-ins". Andy