Calf sleeves (Read 1231 times)

Is there really a big difference between the Zensah sleeves and the ones I bought at Academy (McDavid brand)?  I mean other than the price?  Everyone seems to love the Zensahs, but I'm wondering if there's something specific about them that makes them better.
      They move DirtyGraceFlint's legs for her. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

mikeymike

Better at what?

Runners run

Better at what?

Compression, support.....you know, serving their purpose.

mikeymike

I think to get the full placebo effect you must spend as much as possible, so I'd go Zensah.

Runners run

Lazy idiot

I think to get the full placebo effect you must spend as much as possible, so I'd go Zensah.

THUN-DAH! 

Nah nah nah nahhhh nah na nahhh na.

THUN-DAH!

Tick tock

Ahem.  Those of you who use calf compression sleeves and feel like they are beneficial, do you have a brand preference? Smile
                  funny, some tri guys I know swear by these compression sleeves, and I see some tri guys running races in them.

Older people are often wearing those ugly looking compression socks/sleeves you can get at a Walgreens. Is the purpose of those to increase circulation? Won't increasing circulation help with recovery?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Lazy idiot

Sorry.

I don't have compression sleeves (not sure if you're referring to calf or arm), but they seem like they'd be comfortable.  (One of the few things I like about winter running is wearing compression tights.  They feel good.)

I've heard some folks just use TED hose, and they work just fine.  But you look like you belong in an old folks home (apologies to those residing in said places).  Zensah (to me) looks like it gives the same sort of benefits while allowing you to look as cool as possible with compression hose on your legs.

Tick tock

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

They move DirtyGraceFlint's legs for her. 

True story

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

C-R

You there. Ohio tutu boy. Get off my lawn. And yes I will wear black dress socks with bermuda shorts and yell from my porch. I have no fear.

Actually, I don't know what they do other than help keep you warm without over dressing. I bought a pair of Pearl Izumi arm sleeves on eBay for $5. Haven't worn them yet but figured at that price I can't lose.

Read this little review perhaps it will help

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

But you look like you belong in an old folks home (apologies to those residing in said places). 

It took me a minute to realize that you weren't talking to me directly with this sentence. Big grin  Or at least I hope you weren't....

Thanks for the input.

Older people are often wearing those ugly looking compression socks/sleeves you can get at a Walgreens.

It is quite presumptuous to speak in the third person. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

It is quite presumptuous to speak in the third person. 

lol...

someday, almost all of us will be there and wearing compression socks because our feet and lower limbs are cold.  Then, who will be laughing?

Interesting link, C-R--thanks.