Best Vacation Spot For (Read 206 times)

Ostrich runner

Outter Banks.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Good grief, Teresa, what are you doing?

Oh, sorry, L Train!  Ignore my post, everybody.

Feeling the growl again

What is the best place to search out rentals for such a house?  Is it a lot like Traverse City.  We did the Marathon last year.

I don't know what site my wife used...if she could google it I think you can have success.

No, it is not like Traverse CIty.  Traverse city is nice....lots of trees, wineries, etc.  Huron County is rural.  Farming communities with tourism along the shore from Port Austin to the very north around the west shore.  Flat, and less trees.  Good to hang out and relax for not a lot of money; not good if you need touristy-type facilities to entertain you.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

xhristopher

Anyone kind of have a secret spot they love?  Feel free to PM me if you don't want too many people to know. 

Creepy.

One of my family's favorites is Cape May, NJ.  Not a secret and not crowd free, but it's a lower key, more elegant, and family oriented atmosphere than many alternatives in the area.  The city is well known for its stately Victorian architecture and is a beautiful place to run while the crowds are over at the beach.  And there are plenty of quiet, more inland roads outside the city limits where you can run without encountering more than very minimal traffic.  There are historic tours, ghost tours at night, a lighthouse you can explore, mini golf and a lot of great restaurant options.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Another good spot (and much less expensive than Nantucket) is Ocean City, NJ. Like many shore towns, it can get a bit crowded, but because it is a "dry" town (no liquor sold but you can bring your own), it attracts a family crowd and you don't get the crowds of college students and 20-somethings. It has lovely beaches, a nice boardwalk, and fun stuff for kids like water parks, amusement parks, mini-golf, movie theaters and arcades. The boardwalk is nice to run on and you can also run on town streets and the beach. And if you want to do track work, the high school track is available as well.

+1. I live in Eastern PA and OCNJ is my home away from home. My husband and I try to get out there at least once a year. The hotels are pretty pricey in the summer if you want to be within reasonable distance to the beach/boardwalk, but we've landed some close (a couple blocks away) B&Bs at a reasonable price.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

We do have a fire department and post office, a Rite Aid and a check cashing place.  There's a hardware store, too.  Just no schools or police.

Does that mean you are free to run on the train tracks?

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

My husband and I vacationed in Falmouth, MA two years ago and it was great! Lots to do (a very nice downtown/Main street type area), many nearby beaches, pretty low key and not crowded, and right near our hotel was a very nice paved bike path I was able to run on.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

I don't know what site my wife used...if she could google it I think you can have success.

No, it is not like Traverse CIty.  Traverse city is nice....lots of trees, wineries, etc.  Huron County is rural.  Farming communities with tourism along the shore from Port Austin to the very north around the west shore.  Flat, and less trees.  Good to hang out and relax for not a lot of money; not good if you need touristy-type facilities to entertain you.

It might be VRBO.com (or .org, ...)

(Vacation Rental By Owner).

We've done a few vacations that way over the past few years.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life