Will I finally buy a car? (Read 226 times)

ultramarathon/triathlete

This may be a little large but I think this will meet all of your needs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-N3F1FhW4

It's definitely cool enough for you.

I like the kids dancing.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
    Gatorade Endurance Team

Every morning when I’m about to throw my gym bag, lunch, and laptop case on the car seat in the back of my 2005 Subaru Forester wagon with 140+K miles, faded cloth seats, and two of those little crack/holes in the windshield that have been there for 2 years, but never get bigger so there’s no real need to replace the windshield, so I can cruise down a real scenic stretch of interstate (if you've never seen the Danbury Mall back-lit by a September sunrise, you haven’t lived) to my awesome job where I park in the same spot because I’m slightly compulsive…I pause a moment – and I wonder to myself – is this ride really cool enough for me?

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

I pause a moment – and I wonder to myself – is this ride really cool enough for me?

I pause a lot and wonder am I cool enough for my ride?  Would a fixie upgrade my cred?

xhristopher

.... a white Ford Econoline 12-pasenger van with vinyl interior.

Speaking of creepy white vans... What happened to Bearcat Runner??

#artbydmcbride

Speaking of creepy white vans... What happened to Bearcat Runner??

He's parked down by the river, I think.  His is the one with the unicorn on the side and the spray painted "Free Candy" sign, right?

Runners run

bhearn

They charge mileage (above 180 miles/day). It's good for running errands, bad for road trips. I still think they are pricey.

I joined a couple weeks ago... just for a road trip. We happened to be in Portland for a week, which currently has the highest car rental rates in the country. It was cheaper to join Zipcar and rent a car for two days. 360 miles was plenty to get to the hot springs and back.

Kalsarikännit

I joined a couple weeks ago... just for a road trip. We happened to be in Portland for a week, which currently has the highest car rental rates in the country. It was cheaper to join Zipcar and rent a car for two days. 360 miles was plenty to get to the hot springs and back.

In Alaska I talked to a bunch of people who rented u-hauls. At $19.99/day + gas and mileage, it was still way cheaper than the $99/day that every car rental place was charging (including the ones away from the airports).

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Village people

BMW i3 a Prius is good though.

xhristopher

He's parked down by the river, I think.  His is the one with the unicorn on the side and the spray painted "Free Candy" sign, right?

Was the unicorn pooping a rainbow?

Prince of Fatness

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

One day I hope to be post-wealthy.

Prius I got, they were trying to clear the lot and so I ended up spending under invoice without any negotiation needed, and then got it at 0% financing.

mikeymike

One day I hope to be post-wealthy.

Prius I got, they were trying to clear the lot and so I ended up spending under invoice without any negotiation needed, and then got it at 0% financing.

I wonder: are you cool enough for that car?

Runners run

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

#artbydmcbride

Was the unicorn pooping a rainbow?

Yes!!

Runners run