Weights Entry – on time instead of reps (Read 418 times)

Efes

Hi Eric, The summer is approaching and it not funny to be cooped up in the gym Sad But since I cannot run at the moment I need to do other kind of exercises. I’m planning to do my strength training on time instead on a specific number of reps (I don’t know the English term for this kind of workout). For example instead of doing 15 push ups three times I will do push ups for 30 seconds and the have a pause for 15 seconds or something, then I’ll do another exercise for 30 seconds – and so on until I’ve been through the planned exercises and all the planned sets. My suggestions/wish it to make a drop down box in the “Edit strength training entry” form so I can choose between "Reps" and "Sec". Just like you can choose between "kg" and "lb". I hope you have the time to make this change. Thanks for an excellent tool. It motivates me very much in my training. Kind regards, Efes
    eric :)

Efes, Since it's time based, you can create a new activity (Options - > Manage My Actitivites), and then use the intervals form to keep track of your workouts by time. eric Smile
      Efes

Hi Eric, Perhaps that would be a possibility but since I don’t travel any distance but is doing a number of sets (And in some cases I'm going to use weigths too) it wouldn’t be the best way – at least that’s the way I see it. Perhaps I didn't explain myself good enough? Besides it is a kind of strength training that I want to do so… Well I guess I’m just going to type seconds in the Reps filed. All though there is no way I’m ever going to do 30 or 60 push ups Big grin I just hoped for a more descriptive information No //Efes
        eric :)

Hrm... you are right. That won't work. Adding support for it is not trivial work. I'll consider it when I'm done with my current project.

A Saucy Wench

Efes... I do a similar workout. When I do bother to log individual weight exercises, which I have admittedly not done in a while I list my reps as 1 and put the on/off duration in the notes. It is as useful as anything in reality. Lifting 15 s x 4 sets is not equivalent to lifting 60 seconds anyway so the unit is kinda meaningless . I do 8 sets of 20/10's when I do that format. It kicks serious butt. Big grin And I know you cant even estimate reps because usually in set 1 20 s is 10-12 reps and in set 8 it is about 4-5 Tongue

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7