Salba grain, too good to be true? (Read 864 times)

HI ! I was talking with a neighbor and he mention that he bough a grain at the health store called "Salba" I looked it up on the net, it seems to be it a miracle grain.... It almost looks too good to be true. Anyone ever try it or heard about it? Thanks in advance!

Member Since 2008

It sounds too good to be true.
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly Plants.
          Salba® holds a patent - that does not strike me as being too natural. Maybe you mean Chia seeds?
          Goals for 2008: 10k - Phoenix Park - 6 April 48:47 1/2 Marathon - Longford - 24 August Marathon - Dublin - 27 October. Its Man v Distance. Distance is in trouble.
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Now Chia is a miracle grain. And it has inspired a whole new style of running form. http://www.chiarunning.com/

Imminent Catastrophe

Nope, Quinoa is the miracle grain. All others are imitators Wink

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Quinoa is a fruit, not a grain. Just sayin. Wink
                JakeKnight

I'd take it with a grain. Of salt.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                  -----------------------------

I'd take it with a grain. Of salt.
                    Pass the salt, JK. I'm ready for a shot of Tequila. Isn't that made from the agave grain?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Mmmm....me too! I'll take one! *cuts up a lime and slides a shot glass to Bonkin with a wink* Wink MTA: We're on an official Snow Day and 6:50am is never too early!
                      "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
                      JakeKnight

I sense a dangerous high-jacking approaching. Happy Snow Day! Nashville may be getting one tomorrow.

Scout7

I sense a dangerous high-jacking approaching. Happy Snow Day! Nashville may be getting one tomorrow.
                          You really need to take care of that dandruff issue. Maybe more grains.

On a more serious note, I'll second the quinoa recommendation. I discovered it late last year and cook with it quite often now. Here are a few of my early recipes that introduced me to it: http://news.runtowin.com/2008/01/14/add-quinoa-to-your-diet.html

Run to Win
                            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Okay, JK this is going to sound odd (but not as weird as some stuff we read here!) but I was driving down the road yesterday and this big, huge truck pulls up beside me at a light. I looked over and thought that the guy driving looked familiar, but I just couldn't place him. So then all during the red light I kept peeking over when I realized that it was YOU! Your face, with your hair and your sunglasses were in that truck! I burst out laughing thinking that RA is creeping into my real life. So was it you, driving a jacked-up dark blue, four-wheel drive truck in the middle of Oregon with Washington plates? *slides glass down for another round while licking remaining salt off hand*
                              "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
                              JakeKnight

Okay, JK this is going to sound odd (but not as weird as some stuff we read here!) but I was driving down the road yesterday and this big, huge truck pulls up beside me at a light. I looked over and thought that the guy driving looked familiar, but I just couldn't place him. So then all during the red light I kept peeking over when I realized that it was YOU! Your face, with your hair and your sunglasses were in that truck! I burst out laughing thinking that RA is creeping into my real life. So was it you, driving a jacked-up dark blue, four-wheel drive truck in the middle of Oregon with Washington plates? *slides glass down for another round while licking remaining salt off hand*
                                You're drinking too fast. Pace yourself. I was wondering if maybe I'd taken an unconscious trip to Oregon yesterday. But then I realized I have no hair. So it couldn't have been me. But stop peeking at me. It's scary. And I have this big truck, you know.