"Impossible" Goal (Read 1052 times)

Ill be heading down to Columbus for my first HM in October so mayeb I'll see you there
    2009 Goals (nobody laugh) Run 800 miles or more Run 12 or more 5ks Run 2 10ks Get 5k times in 25's Run a 3 miler in 24:29 or less Run in HM in October
    kcam

Hey Derek Good running start to the new year! Keep it up. I wanted to chime in here and wish you the best of luck on your goal - it's totally doable. A couple comments- last week you had two 'tempo' runs, one 'fartlek', one 'hill', two 'easy' and one 'long' run. Dude! That much quality is way, way, way too much for where you are (I know it'd be too much for me). I'd recommend that you have nothing but 'easy' runs and 'long' runs for at least a couple of months. Easy running all by itself (lots of it) will probably get you to 4 hours. Start to add that other stuff in very gradually, after you've built a good, relaxed running base. Also, be careful of increasing mileage too fast. Two weeks is not a good indicator but 24.5 to 30 is probably too much to sustain. Train well and mostly train easy!