PF Chang's Rock N Roll Half-Marathon - Phoenix - Sunday - 1/13/08 (Read 1155 times)

I finally signed up as well....Hope to see you RA'ers there...
    "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
      hhhhummmiiinnnnaaaaa huuummmmmiinnnaaa aaaaooooogggaaaaa. dang, this is my first weekend with less than 30 miles planned in, umm, months. i love tapers. errrr, i hate tapers... maybe i'll clean out the garage, paint the house and plant an acre of winter veggies... and what the heck will i do next weekend??? Shocked Dead Yes Surprised
        and what the heck will i do next weekend???
        Drink beer, eat donuts and fried chicken... Oh wait you said TAPER...My bad... Big grin
        "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.

My Hero

For what it's worth... Extended forecast shows Jan. 13th. will have a low of 42 warming up to upper 60's. However, just two days prior to race day the forecast calls for a low of (temp.on race day last year) 28. That's quite a spread. With two weeks to go, I would say plan for a 10-12 degree variance on the start time temp.

My sweet new crank!

After a few days here in Madison, anything above freezing will be a treat. I have forgotten what it will be like to run in shorts... I am new to the RA boards and an hyped that the people here seem very cool, eager to share stories and race info. FYI - not trying to sell or ask for anything but if you are curious why some people run... check out this web site. This is why I am running AZ. It is my 3rd race for Glory (officially). If nothing else, I hope one person gets some inspiration for the race. If you look at the race events, you can see the yellow shirts. If you see me out there in one, stop me and introduce yourself. www.racecharities.org Good Luck out there...and YES tapering sucks...
            Ryan O'D Gurnee, IL by way of Madison, WI via Wichita, KS via Denver, CO
              For what it's worth... Extended forecast shows Jan. 13th. will have a low of 42 warming up to upper 60's. However, just two days prior to race day the forecast calls for a low of (temp.on race day last year) 28. That's quite a spread. With two weeks to go, I would say plan for a 10-12 degree variance on the start time temp.
              Thx for the info!

My Hero

After a few days here in Madison, anything above freezing will be a treat. I have forgotten what it will be like to run in shorts... I am new to the RA boards and an hyped that the people here seem very cool, eager to share stories and race info.
                Anytime the temp. drops below 40, my legs will be covered all the way down to feet. Guess my blood is still all thinned out following a record breaking year where it was over 110 degrees over thirty days last year. The temp. was very mild yesterday. Even today it will hit 70 degrees. The extended forecast has changed slightly... Having a low of around 43 on Thurs. dropping to 26 degrees on Fri. with a low of 30 on race day.
                  No matter the temp, I still wear running shorts usually....I'll "warm up" my upper body with a wicking shirt underneath a sweatshirt/heavy shirt and then a stocking cap... May have to bust out the stocking cap for the morning of this Half Marathon... Confused

ack, only 7 days left. ran 3 miles at marathon pace (6:39,:32, :34) and my brain told me that there's no way i can run that pace for the marathon. so i'm ready. ...now if i can just sit on my @ss for the next 7 days... it's nice to see rain in the forecast for this weekend... can't possibly rain two weekends in a row, right? Dead
                      I haven't ran since 12/31 for my goal of 1000K for 2007... Think I need to hit up a long run tomorrow and then take the next few days off before this Half Marathon...

My Hero

It appears that cold front that was due in the valley on Fri., has been pushed out another week. So, for all of you coming down from the north, it looks like race day will be mild with a low of 40 and a high of 65. It has been raining quite a bit and wouldn't mind a little overcast, but it looks like the sun will be out.
                          My number is 26640 and my corral is #6 (just got the confirmation card printed off)

My sweet new crank!

I will be in Corral 2 and number is 2736...Yellow Shirt, damn good looking. See ya there!!
                            Ryan O'D Gurnee, IL by way of Madison, WI via Wichita, KS via Denver, CO
                              currently the national weather service is forecasting low of 41, high of 67 for sunday. here's the link so you can check everyday! http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/forecast/MapClick.php?minlon=-113.41&maxlon=-108.98&minlat=31.22&maxlat=33.89&mapwidth=354&site=twc&map.x=108&map.y=32 i'm running the full marathon, bib 341, preferred corral. best wishes to everyone racing: do justice to your training, smile and have fun!

Maniac

Hey folks!! My bib number is 26579, Corral #6. White shirt with gray accents, gray shorts, New Balance shoes. Likely looking like I'm ready to puke.

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy