Safari issue with data entry (Read 807 times)

Dave

Eric, Since the new log, I think I've found an issue with entering runs on the Safari browser. When entering a new run or editing, I cannot select an existing route either by keying in a few letters of the route name or by scrolling through and selecting with my mouse. Firefox (3.05) seems to work OK. Love the new log and options. Dave

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Dannyboy

I've had the same issue - say with editing or choosing a route for the run.DS Love the improvements, and the site gets my recommendations to all my friends.Big grin
      bartleby8087

i am also having the same problem. i am using safari with my mac. is there going to be a fix for this problem. i do like the changes but this problem is a bit annoying. i can see my existing routes but i can not chose them.
          Same problem here.

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah, same here. I did not see this in testing, but I did not test on Safari with the most recent changes. I apologize. I am using Safari 3.2.1 with Mac OSX.5
              I'm seeing the same issue with Safari. When I went to use Firefox, I was able to use an existing route. I don't want to continue to switch browsers just to log my runs, so I hope you can fix this one soon!
                Why switch back 'n forth? I went with Firefox full time after joining RA. Am I missing something' with Safari??

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Jeri from Houston

I use Safari with a PC and have no problem
                    This is also a problem with the Safari browser on the iPhone, which I have used from time to time to enter workouts.
                    Next race: Acura 5k (July 19) Why practice running slow? It comes naturally!
                    corrade

Valet Parking

I use Safari becuase it is quickest for my old Mac Power PC. I can see my list of routes, but can't select them for entries. Firefox is a memory hog and not an option for me, sorry. Smile
                      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I use Safari becuase it is quickest for my old Mac Power PC. I can see my list of routes, but can't select them for entries. Firefox is a memory hog and not an option for me, sorry. Smile
                        Try Camino. It is very lightweight and uses the same rendering engine that Firefox uses.
                        KBMM

I have the same problem. Does anyone have a fix other than using a different browser? Thanks! Karyn
                            Same issue here. It is possible to just key in the route that you want into the route box (ie overtype what is there) but it would be better to be able to select from the drop down box. No plans for me to use a different OS or browser. Currently using Safari 3.2.1 on iMac running OSX 10.5.6. Look forward to a fix soon.
                            corrade

Valet Parking

Try Camino. It is very lightweight and uses the same rendering engine that Firefox uses.
                              So far, both Firefox and Camino have worse bugs than Safari. Scripts fail on the course mapping pages. They are also glacially slow, or very slow. Opera is glacially slow. I've tried every option I know of here.
                              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

So far, both Firefox and Camino have worse bugs than Safari. Scripts fail on the course mapping pages. They are also glacially slow, or very slow. Opera is glacially slow. I've tried every option I know of here.
                                What OS are you using?