Hamptons Marathon vs. Yonkers Marathon (Read 523 times)

I am planning to run my first marathon this Fall. I am deciding between Yonkers M. (9/20) and Hamptons M. (9/26). Yonkers is closer to home. Other than that, I am stuck. Any one have insights?

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Oh Mighty Wing

check them out on marathonguide.com -- there are normally some good reviews by people who have run the courses before.
      xor

I don't know much about these two races (I know, some of you are shocked), but I will say this... you picked an interesting comparison because Hamptons is a fairly new race, but Yonkers is one of the oldest marathons in the country. Good luck with your choice. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Hamptons is probably prettier. But there's a lot to going with the closer choice.

check them out on marathonguide.com -- there are normally some good reviews by people who have run the courses before.
          I don't know much about these two races (I know, some of you are shocked), but I will say this... you picked an interesting comparison because Hamptons is a fairly new race, but Yonkers is one of the oldest marathons in the country. Good luck with your choice. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Hamptons is probably prettier. But there's a lot to going with the closer choice.
          Thank you both. I found some comments on the race and the general consensus seems to be that Yonkers is a tough, hilly course and not for first-timers. Confused http://www.marathonguide.com/races/racedetails.cfm?MIDD=1055060917

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus