Olathe Marathon (Read 614 times)

Marquess of Utopia

Is anyone running the Olathe Marathon this weekend? Looks like there is a change of snow/rain mix. Big grin
      Is anyone running the Olathe Marathon this weekend? Looks like there is a change of snow/rain mix. Big grin
      Is this in Olathe Colorado???/

Champions are made when no one is watching

Marquess of Utopia

Kansas. The weather was in the upper 70's last week. They are talking about Snow/Thundersnow. 20 mph winds and gusts up to 30. I've had second thoughts about the race, but I've trained all winter in this crap. I probablly not the fastest guy signed up for the race, but what if I can be the fastest in crappy weather. I'll have to go out there and give it my best.
        xor

Thundersnow! Yipe. Be careful. That said, it'll be a hell of a memory to do this race even if you don't set a land speed record. Do it! Do it! Be the pickel.

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

Thunder snow. Man vs. the elements. Epic.

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

I was in Kansas for a while (Ft Leavenworth --- NO NOT LIKE THAT) - I was in the army went for a 3 month class there Kansas weather can definitely be tough.......that's for sure

Champions are made when no one is watching

xor

Pickel! The Olathe Marathon has been cancelled. http://www.olathemarathon.com/sports/marathon/default.asp

Imminent Catastrophe

Hmmm, if the race is canceled shouldn't runners be entitled to at least a partial refund? I understand some of the entry fees has been spent but not all of it. I guess entry into next year's race is fair, though.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Marquess of Utopia

I drove 6 hours today from Des Moines to Kansas City and back. 15 minutes after I get to the packet pickup they canceled the race. Fortunately I didn't preregister. The race fee was $70 thru 2/28 then $85 thru 3/27 and $95 on race day. My daughter was born three weeks ago so I didn't sign up for the race just in case something were to come up. Once I got home I went out for a good 10 miler to workout some frustration. The weather is going to be fine in Des Moines so I'm thinking about jumping into a 10K on Sunday. I hope I can get my legs to turnover; I'm still in marathon mode. Smile

Marquess of Utopia

Ha 6-12 inches... The forecasters were wrong they didn't get any snow. Looking at the weather cams they could have have the race! Angry

Think Whirled Peas

Ha 6-12 inches... The forecasters were wrong they didn't get any snow. Looking at the weather cams they could have have the race! Angry
                        Damn, sorry to see this. That's gotta be frustrating, but you've just gotta find another one to put all that training to good use! Good luck on the 10k, and keep at it.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>