Everyones weekly mileage (Read 490 times)

Hi On another runninglog ( http://www.keeponmoving.dk ) there is a nice feature. It lists every users weekly mileage sorted with higest mileage on top. I really like that for motivation. Could what be implemented? Maybe even on the front page.
    Run more.
    Wingz

Professional Noob

Hi, Thomas. For now, why don't we start up a group to have people come and post their weekly milages? That way it could be voluntary. I think there are a lot of self-conscious people out there who wouldn't want others seeing what they run... plus, constantly comparing what you run to what other people run is a good way to encourage new runners to do too much and get hurt by increasing milage too quickly. Sad Tell you what... I'll start a new group under "Training Groups" called "Mile Posters" and post my weekly milage there. Anyone who wants to post weekly milage can come post there too. How's that sound? Janell

Roads were made for journeys...

Hi Janell The groups thing sounds like a good start. If eric implements the idea it should of course be voluntary to be part of. I don't want to break peoples privacy.
        Run more.
        Wingz

Professional Noob

I was just thinking that he's got so many different feature requests, changes, upgrades, and ideas, that seeing what could be done with what's already availabe on the site might work best. He's only one guy, doing this as a hobby in his spare time, don'cha know! If the group really takes off and lots of people love it, then maybe it would be a good time to ask again. That's my $.02, anyway. I'll watch for you in "Mile Posters!"

Roads were made for journeys...

I agree. And I'm already in the Mileposters group. See ya.
            Run more.
            eric :)

Thomas, It would be nice to have automatic stats generation, and I will get to that eventually. However, there is one thing that it cannot do, and that is to create the same level of peer pressure from a group. The act of entering your weekly mileage is a form of motivation. In my opinion, it is a lot more effective to report your weekly mileage to a group of people, and have them hold you accountable for it than to simply compare yourself against all the faceless runners on this site. Janell: thanks for starting the group. It's a great idea and it looks like the idea is catching on.