New course creator crashing (Read 79 times)

JonJTYu

Hey there, I just wanted to make admin aware that I'm experiencing crashing when trying to create a new course.  I've tried a couple different browsers and the same problem occurs.  Usually it crashes just after my course reaches the 2km mark, although that could just be a coincidence.   First time I've experienced this problem on RA.

Thanks!

eric :)

JonJTYu,

What browser and operating system are you using?

eric Smile

JonJTYu

Hey Eric,

wow thanks for the fast reply.  I'm using my ipad on ios 7 and I've tried using safari and chrome.  I have used my ipad before to create maps and use the training log, this is the first I've experienced the crashing.

rhetorician

Same thing happening here exactly. Since the iOS7 upgrade, basically...also using iPad and Safari

2012 goals

lose 8lbs

run injury free

run 3000k

run sub 60 min 10k

run 2 hour half

2013 goals

run 1750 miles

run injury free

sub 55 10k

sub 25 5k

sub 2 hour half

At this point, I'm fairly confident that iOS 7 is causing the crash.  There is nothing special about the mapping code that would cause your browser to crash.  I'll have to check it out when I get hold of iOS 7.

rhetorician

Thanks! It was fine before the upgrade...

2012 goals

lose 8lbs

run injury free

run 3000k

run sub 60 min 10k

run 2 hour half

2013 goals

run 1750 miles

run injury free

sub 55 10k

sub 25 5k

sub 2 hour half

JonJTYu

Thanks for checking into it when you can!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hey Eric, I am getting a problem using a laptop on Mac OSX, also with creating new courses. I dropped details to you elsewhere...

I was able to reproduce the problem with Safari on an iPad with iOS 7.  I also tested with Safari on another iPad with iOS 6 and it doesn't happen.  This is a problem that only Apple or Google can fix.

eric Smile

xhristopher

I have no problems creating courses on IOS7 (iPhone) using Chrome. There's your workaround until Safari gets patched back up to work like it should.