Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

Marylander

Marylander, congrats! I took a look at your log and it was so exciting! I expected you to be blazing (I don't know--a 2:00 half marathon sounds fast to me), but you just get out there. (And you're still faster than I am, let's be real. Big grin) Fired me up!

I'm decidedly not fast in the grand scheme of things but, yeah, just getting out there is the main thing. Why shouldn't I just get out and run, I'm a runner now. Wink

Runners for Wellness Christmas in July Ultra - DONE!!!  Marathon Maniac #9629 checking in!

Tammarin.....

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats #3340

Runners for Wellness Christmas in July Ultra - DONE!!!  Marathon Maniac #9629 checking in!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

WTG!!!

Today marks the end of my first official year as a runner. I'm finally calling myself a runner now. I've actually been running for years but it was a year ago that I decided that I wasn't "just" running to support my daughter/be her running partner but that I was doing this for myself with my own goals. I did my first 'real' race (Frederick Half Marathon in something like 2:00:18) and have plans for my second with a PR time (Baltimore Half Marathon).

To cap it all off I completed a 365 running streak (1 mile per day minimum) this evening with 1000 miles. I had some setbacks recently - twisted my ankle pretty good at the beginning of June followed by a "heavy growth" MRSA infection complete with IV antibiotics and some nasty oral antibiotics - but I managed to get in at least a mile a day and pulled off a couple half decent runs this week to get the 1000 miles.

I'm pretty psyched. Wink

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

It was 80 and humid when I went out to run today. Those first 3 miles felt like I was trapped at the bottom of a fishbowl. Suddenly the wind picked up the skies opened and the rains poured. There were 7 of us but 4 turned back. We 3 kept pushing up the hill through the rain. A 19 year old held the lead firmly. He was always several yards in front of us, but I managed to keep up with his young friend. We crested the hill & came through the tree line as the sky cleared and a rainbow appeared. Racing downhill I pulled into second. I just couldn't catch the lead runner. That's okay this 10 mile run averaged 10min/mile for me. That's my new best on this course, and it brought me to 250 miles for the Month of July. That's my new record for miles in a month. I'm so happy I'd dance but my legs are tired. It's good tired.

Mostly harmless

This was Tuesday but I'm still excited about it.

Fastest 7 miler I've ever run.
              1 mile warm-up (8:21)
              6@HMP (7:23, 7:15, 7:06, 7:12, 7:19, 7:37)

I've never come close to a 7:06 before.  I was running with a couple guys in my club that are much faster than me.  I've also lost 16 lbs since May which probably plays a big part in my paces gradually coming down recently.  I'm starting to think that a BQ (3:25) this fall isn't entirely out of the question.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

New weekly high

69.9 miles

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

906 miles last year. 1206 miles to date!

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Evolving body parts

New weekly high

69.9 miles

Awesome, Clay! Last week I also had a record high of 100.5 km (about 62 mi). Right now it's raining and I'm trying to convince myself to get up and continue...

Charles G

1000 miles for the year for the 34th year in a row!

erinr

Wow!  This is inspiring!

Charles G

Thanks.

Wow!  This is inspiring!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

WOW!Amazing.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Marylander

If I'd had the foresight to start this when I was 11 I'd be right there with you! Wink That is awesome! I say that in the true meaning of the word: awe-inspiring, breathtaking, etc.

Charles G

Thanks again.