Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

8:43 3 mile today
    8:59 4 mile yesterday
    5 miles Saturday (Longest run I have done since I was a kid)

It has been a good last three days.

Nashville Dog Runner

Yesterday, I ran the Mercedes Marathon in 3:49:48 and took 22 minutes off my previous personal best, Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey 4:11:20.  I missed qualifying for Boston by 4 minutes.  It is a bitter sweet victory.  22 minutes isn't bad, but 4 minutes isn't very close either.  A small victory, but a victory and I'll take itSmile

www.nashvilledogrunner.com

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

WTG

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Got out of bed.

Loves the outdoors

Yesterday, I ran the Mercedes Marathon in 3:49:48 and took 22 minutes off my previous personal best, Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey 4:11:20.  I missed qualifying for Boston by 4 minutes.  It is a bitter sweet victory.  22 minutes isn't bad, but 4 minutes isn't very close either.  A small victory, but a victory and I'll take itSmile

Nearly a minute/mile quicker! Impressive!

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

Nashville Dog Runner

Hey, thanks guys/gals.  It took everything for me to get that time.  I have to say I tried the whole time, and kept reminding myself about good form, etc.  Next time...

www.nashvilledogrunner.com

today I managed to run on the treadmill nonstop for 2.12 miles (or 30 minutes, whatever sounds more impressive to you ha). I can run for 90 minutes nonstop outside but the treadmill is a battle for me.
                runnerclay

Consistently Slow

WTG . Keep up the good work.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

RunsForCake

I haven't visted my thread in a while (lots of great running going on I see!) because while I've been running it has not been very exciting or victorious feeling until today. 

Most awesome run in a very, very long time!  New shoes.  Sunny, temps in the low 30's, no wind(major plus plus!) and dry, clear pavement along the entire route! 

Ran faster, felt stronger and even my cranky patellar could not bring me down!

Was it the new shoes?  The near perfect weather?  Running later in the AM than I usually do?  The fact that I wasn't on the treadmill?

Whatever the case I'm so not complaining! 

Lia's Daddy

Longest run in over a year. 15.45 miles and it felt good. No death march involved Wink
                      "Stadiums are for spectators. We runners have nature and that is much better." Juha "the Cruel" Väätäinen
                      RunsForCake

Longest run in over a year. 15.45 miles and it felt good. No death march involved Wink

Congrats!  And that is one little cutie in your av!  I see you are starting her young! 

Tim D

heavy breather

First outdoor ride in over 2 weeks.  Overdo for some urban interaction with ice and no traction.

Member Since 2008

Long run if 13.97 miles in 2:00:04.  @ the 13.1 mile, 1:53.  16 minutes off BQ.  Not bad for a fairly easy run and with the elavation I run at.  Bring on the Eugene Marathon, Sea Level, I should have no problem qualifying for Boston.  And the Ice bath afterwards,  WOW!!!

Every Mile is a Gift

Had a nice tempo run with a group this morning, even though I ended up in "no-man's land" (i.e. not with the front two guys, but ahead of the rest of the group). 6.5 miles at 7:17 pace on a beautiful, clear morning.

Often injured, NEVER giving up.

Ran my first 5k ever!!! Woohoo!!!!