Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Nice job!  With almost no time to spare!

Thanks. Goal was 1500.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

jeffdonahue

Today marks day 1,096 of my running streak (that is 3 years in laymans terms).

Cool Jump Suit

Layman or not.....that is AWESOME!!  Keep up the good work.  Smile

So bittersweet,
        This tragedy
        Won't ask for absolution;
        This melody,
        Inside of me,
        Still searches for solution.
        A twist of faith,
        A change of heart
        Cures my infatuation.
        A broken heart, 
        Provides the spark
        For my determination.

Wow.Shocked  Just. Wow.  Shocked

Congratulations!  

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

joescott

Wow is right!  Way to go, man!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Surpassed monthly goal of 160 miles.Smile 11 more months to go.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

Just under the wire- 1003.1 miles for the year. Not many miles by  RA standards, but as an aging hobby jogger, I'm quite pleased. No run tomorrow- off to a polar bear dip.

an amazing likeness

Nice job, Chuck.  1000 miles is a great goal to hit.  Enjoy!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Nice job, Chuck.  1000 miles is a great goal to hit.  Enjoy!

+1

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Just under the wire- 1003.1 miles for the year. Not many miles by  RA standards, but as an aging hobby jogger, I'm quite pleased. No run tomorrow- off to a polar bear dip.

Yikes, I'd rather take a run in our 9-degree windy night than do a polar bear dip.

No Talent Drips

I completed my first 20 miler of 2011. Found very icy roads along the park loop of Acadia National Park, so I adjusted my plan...only to encounter totally unplowed roads.  Made it through the run despite the challenging terrain.  Legs feel great.

Dei Gratia

Beware, batbear...

@ Nemo - Awesome run!

For me, I've been running sort of aimless for 8 days straight - just getting in some easy miles.  Had a guy pass me going the other way on the flat part of my route.  After about 2 minutes, I hear him gaining on me from behind (evidently he was running an out & back and we passed each other not too far away from his turnaround).  I decided that he wasn't going to pass me and I picked up the pace. 

Ended up being a great middle part of my run on the flattest part AND over 30 mpw for the first full week of the New Year!

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

runbabyrun01

I ran the 1500 meter race in indoor track in 5:33 after having dizziness and nausea before the race.  I'm just happy I finished, let alone scored for my team!Smile  I probably shouldn't have run it at all feeling the way I did, but oh well. 

Finally managed to get outside and run.  it felt great to head down the open road.  Ran a little over 10 miles today. 

although,Treadmill + iphone + pandora = tolerable,  I'd much rather be outside, even if it was 11 degrees when I left the house.

nothing to see here.  

joescott

Finally managed to get outside and run.  it felt great to head down the open road.  Ran a little over 10 miles today. 

although,Treadmill + iphone + pandora = tolerable,  I'd much rather be outside, even if it was 11 degrees when I left the house.

Sweet. 

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.