Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

Ran 5 miles in a little under 40...that's not outstanding in itself, its the fact that I ran it starting at 6:50AM.  I am not a morning runner, anything before 9AM races has been an extreme rarity throughout my life.  Trying to buy a little more time in some evenings to hang out with the family, now I merely need to jog 20-25 minutes tonight to get a really good day in.

Marylander

Broke 1500 miles for the year. I'm on track to equal my 2009+2010 years combined mileage in 2011. Smile

Broke 1500 miles for the year. I'm on track to equal my 2009+2010 years combined mileage in 2011. Smile

Wow!  and I'm all excited about my little 300 miles!  That is awesome!  Keep up the good work.

Went out and ran in very windy conditions this morning.  Ran 6.5 miles in it.  Gust up to 35 mph.  It was hard but I did it and feel really strong now that I did it!  Talk about a confidence booster.

babs71

Ran my first double marathon.  Spinx Oct. 29 and Atlantya Oct 30 followed by Savannah Nov. 5th.  I think running a double is little like having a baby.  After you finish you say never again but then you start thinking well maybe.

xhristopher

Today I needed band- aids.

Outside Lane

First run in over a month - glad I did it!

See how they run...

1st one is always the hardest!  Keep it up!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Ran my first double marathon.  Spinx Oct. 29 and Atlantya Oct 30 followed by Savannah Nov. 5th.  I think running a double is little like having a baby.  After you finish you say never again but then you start thinking well maybe.

Congrats.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

50K and weekly mileage PR. 4:56:27 and 67.9 miles.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Today is my six month "running anniversary." 

Six months, 41 pounds, one marathon, and 1,089.6 miles.  Puts me at a total of 61 lbs lost since January--not bad for nothing but generally eating healthier and exercising a lot!

I am feeling amazing right now!

I feel like I need to sign up for another marathon (well, another another marathon--doing Flying Pig in May!).

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                        Emil Zatopek

Yesterday I made 7 miles! First time in over a year making it past the 5 mile loop Clowning around I'm training for a half marathon coming up at the end of January. I feel like I can make it 10 miles, but I don't want to add too many miles too quickly and injure myself. I plan on running (jogging, really) 5 miles two to three times a week, 6+ miles once a week, and sprints once a week.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Yesterday I made 7 miles! First time in over a year making it past the 5 mile loop Clowning around I'm training for a half marathon coming up at the end of January. I feel like I can make it 10 miles, but I don't want to add too many miles too quickly and injure myself. I plan on running (jogging, really) 5 miles two to three times a week, 6+ miles once a week, and sprints once a week.

Sounds like you're going about it right, Amandakin!  Keep enjoying your running and you'll rock that half!

Today I needed band- aids.

Today this happened to me. I have the shirt to prove it too. Wasn't as bad as i expected, until I carelessly stepped into the shower. I'm hoping to get under 7 mpm on my  normal run soon, then finally ralph my brains out on a run.

Lia's Daddy

I ran my first 5k (or any distance race) in my Vibrams. It was a success. I picked this one because I new a PR would be out of the question because of my physical shape and the layout of the course. It felt great and I ran faster than I have in those shoes. My wife and I had fun running together and now I will start the holiday with less guilt.

"Stadiums are for spectators. We runners have nature and that is much better." Juha "the Cruel" Väätäinen