Race Time Predictor - also use RunningAhead member data (Read 521 times)

RunningAhead's Race Time Predictor uses a formula devised by Pete Riegel. It would be cool to also query member data.

Example:

Recent race data:
    Distance: 5K
    Time: 20:18
    Date: 5/16/2009

Predict time for:
    Distance: 10K
    Date: 6/16/2009
    Predicted time: average 10k time one month after members race a 5K in 20:18 (plus or minus 5 seconds).
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yes, but you don't always know if logged races represent true race efforts.  For example, I may go out and run a 5k relatively easy (such as what I did last week) or pace a friend.  Those would make the predictor less reliable.
      Teresadfp

One day at a time

Yep, even though I'm slow at best, I "ran" my last 5K with a friend recovering from an injury, so we walked a couple of times. A VERY slow time!  Afterwards, though, she thanked me, so I was glad I did it.
          Ah, I see. I don't call a race, a "Race" if I don't give an all-out effort. Both of you make excellent points - dang

Dave

I think it would be helpful to include mile splits and average weekly mileage and pace.

With the right algorithm, we should be able to come up with a crash predictor.

Based on my last two efforts, I predict mile 21.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

jpnairn

straw man

Yeah, I keep a spreadsheet of race results, and there's a column for "excuse" which is either yes or no. If I ran it as a race, there's no excuse if I sucked, unless maybe it's the day after a marathon or something like that.

We would need something like that in RA for this idea to totally work.

He who has the best time wins. Jerry