If anyone is looking for a weekend double with Phila. Marathon this fall... (Read 429 times)

Renee the dog

...this one is being run again. It's the Rehoboth Beach Marathon. Couple hours drive away from Phila. Held the day before Philadelphia Marathon. I've been stalking the placeholder website, and registration is now live. http://www.rbmarathon.com/ Personally, it will be my first full, so I'm thinking I'll skip the double on Sunday up in Phila. Wink

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Alright! I was just thinking about this one. A couple folks from RA ran it last year and posted about it (don't remember who). But, was hoping to do it this year instead of Philadelphia. It's a much closer drive. We just ate dinner in Rehoboth a couple nights ago at a place called Dos Locos. Pretty good food. The weather should be nicer this year too because it wasn't good the last time. Thanks for the info. Pretty sure that I will do this one instead of Philadelphia this year.

Current Goals: Run and stuff

Just registered. I'm excited already and it's not even until November.

Current Goals: Run and stuff

Renee the dog

See you there!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Another nice double that I did a couple of years ago is JFK and Philly. One lesson I learned the hard way though: the logistics of JFK have you spending an enormous amount of time screwing around at the finish and getting a shuttle back to the start. This leaves inadequate time to drive back to Philly and eat and sleep and stuff. Having someone do the driving would let you head for Philly directly from the JFK finish, which is well equipped with both showers and finish line food. That might save you a critical couple of hours of screwing around. The nice thing about this double is that because almost 30 miles of JFK is on a towpath, you have a nice soft surface to run on and get you all loosened up for Philly. Expo logistics are also good: you can hit the Philly expo at noon Friday and then head for Hagerstown and check in Friday evening.
              Another nice double that I did a couple of years ago is JFK and Philly. One lesson I learned the hard way though: the logistics of JFK have you spending an enormous amount of time screwing around at the finish and getting a shuttle back to the start. This leaves inadequate time to drive back to Philly and eat and sleep and stuff. Having someone do the driving would let you head for Philly directly from the JFK finish, which is well equipped with both showers and finish line food. That might save you a critical couple of hours of screwing around. The nice thing about this double is that because almost 30 miles of JFK is on a towpath, you have a nice soft surface to run on and get you all loosened up for Philly. Expo logistics are also good: you can hit the Philly expo at noon Friday and then head for Hagerstown and check in Friday evening.
              Hippo!
              MM# 1477