would this be considered a man purse? (Read 903 times)

ok. I'm not too hung up on avoiding anything that threatens my perceived whiteness but I have to get an opinion here and I figure this is a good place to get free opinions of people who don't mind telling me how dumb they think I am. I need to get a head cover as spring is just around the corner and the sun will be beating down. I was avoiding the $55 they want for the yuppie middle-class white American hat when I saw this one is the right size and the right price (cheap) for me. But is it a Chinese hat? Will I be mocked openly or just snickered at? I can deal with the snickering. so on a scale of 1-10 how Chinese is this? I'm ok with a 5 but not a 9 on the Asian-meter. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's just not the vibe I'm trying to throw.
    i think you can bring that down to a 5 if the material wasn't straw or bamboo. what about this?
    xor

so on a scale of 1-10 how Chinese is this? I'm ok with a 5 but not a 9 on the Asian-meter. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's just not the vibe I'm trying to throw.
      China's a big place, and that style of hat pops up in other places like Vietnam. You'll get snickered at, and it does indeed look Asian (though our friends from India and Siberia might give you a Undecided 'cause they are Asian as well). It just does. It also looks like you've gone with the 'lampshade on the head' party trick. I mean, if you have an non-Siberian, non-Indian Asian-inspired lamp. But distinctive can be nice.

Lane

I give it an 8 on the chinese scale. Buy that and you'll be eating cats before you know it.
        That is ALF, not the Chinese. And no, that hat won't make you look like ALF.
        AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

This thread gets at least a 6 on the pictures scale, but it could go higher, if some people would post some more photos

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I like it. Caveat: I have more pairs of shoes than my wife, if you don't count running shoes. And I always carry a manpurse.
            For message board success, follow these three easy steps in the correct order: 1) Read, 2) Comprehend, 3) Post.
            xor

Hey since this thread got bumped.... what WAS the final selection? Hmmm? Hmmmm? And does it go with your shoes?