Running Streak (Read 191 times)

robertaajr

Is anyone a member of the Running Streak Association website? How long is your current streak?

Ojo

Not a member, but I just hit 4 years today!  I follow the Facebook page, which is very supportive.

Sara

MM #2929

runmichigan

Not a member but I have a streak of 1 year and 100 days going now.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Not a member, but my streak is 612 days (1 y, 8m, 5d). Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

I´m right there with Meg, just two days behind. I think we both started at  the 2013 Holiday running streak but I had no idea when Thanksgiving was, so I missed the first two days.

Not a member.

an amazing likeness

There are probably a lot of folks...check out this RA runner's log.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Marylander

Just broke 2 years myself. Less running in total than I did just in 2011 but I'm getting out there every day in spite of life throwing me way too many curveballs lately... Wink

BeeRunB

Not a member, but I have a 1 day streak going. Was going for 2 in a row today, but I don't think I can do it. These streaks really take their toll. I barely have the energy to watch golf today.

Joann Y

Currently at 31. Had a good one going of 209 days that ended due to hip pain, just before the current streak. I wouldn't say I'm a streaker, but more of an excuse maker. Here's a recent list of excuses from a June log entry... I gotta run every day. I almost didn't run today because of 1. rain 2. chilly (ha!) 3. tired 4. achy (hips and quads sore from hiking and running hills) 5. lazy 6. why bother the streak is over 7. hip (lame excuse. ha! HA!)... and blah blah so on and so forth. what a lazy * I am.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Currently at 31. Had a good one going of 209 days that ended due to hip pain, just before the current streak. I wouldn't say I'm a streaker, but more of an excuse maker. Here's a recent list of excuses from a June log entry... I gotta run every day. I almost didn't run today because of 1. rain 2. chilly (ha!) 3. tired 4. achy (hips and quads sore from hiking and running hills) 5. lazy 6. why bother the streak is over 7. hip (lame excuse. ha! HA!)... and blah blah so on and so forth. what a lazy * I am.

What gets me past excuses 1 - 6 (and I ponder them all at times)  is knowing that I'll feel a lot better after I get the run done. Your "lame" excuse is a pretty good one, though. Smile

spinach

I am at 2 days, but that will end tomorrow.  My knees need some days off, usually Mondays and Fridays.  However I do have a streak going, I have run at least one race in the last 161 months.  A different type of streak.

Joann Y

What gets me past excuses 1 - 6 (and I ponder them all at times)  is knowing that I'll feel a lot better after I get the run done. Your "lame" excuse is a pretty good one, though. Smile

:-)  I'm happier when I don't have to ponder my list of excuses. And thankfully my hip is not a problem at the moment.

Marylander

There are probably a lot of folks...check out this RA runner's log.

Wow, that is incredible. When I see a fairly significant daily mileage I assume a fast runner but this person runs 10-13 minute pace. That's a lot of time/day. Wow...

jeffdonahue

Hi, there are several of us and we actually have a group set up for it check it out at

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/mileaday/streak

I am currently at 7 years, 7 months, 4 days

I had a 960 day streak that ended, sadly, in May 2014 with a sacral stress fracture.  The next streak was 260 days and ended mid-June when I had emergency eye surgery and wasn't allowed to run.   I'm at 30 days with the current streak.   There is a certain amount of discipline and determination involved, but also a large element of luck.

I am not a member of the Association and had been following the facebook page but I stopped.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth