Listening to your body (Read 1196 times)

Another good call. Running with a hangover sucks.

2008 Goals

Run Jax Bank 12/21/08 under 4 minutes (1st marathon)
    5K 23.99
    10K 50.40
    1/2 1:52
    Manage injuries so I can stick to training plan
    Make healthy food choices
    mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Thanks everyone, that helps! Now the real question- How do I turn running into a healthy hobby instead of an obsession? Ahh, nevermind. Wink
      Well, you can start by taking a little more time off from your obsession - I'll send you my address, I have a deck that needs to be rebuilt, and you now have the skills. See you at 8 AM on Saturday. BTW, it's a big deck - you'll need all three days of this long weekend. Wink
      Well the deck got me again this past weekend. This time I stayed up late with friends drinking too many beers on the deck. Before I knew it the kids were in bed and I had pulled the cooler over to the table so I didn't have to get up any more. Shocked Needless to say, I had a hard time finding any motivation to run yesterday. It feels ok though. I told myself (based on advice I got here) that I needed a "easy" week and kept my mileage under 30. I just got back from a 8.75 mile run and feel great.
      On this I feel no sympathy - HTFU! Running with a hangover is "punishment" for not being in shape enough to handle your alcohol. You must run through the pain in your head. You will also get in practice in running after getting sick, which will be good for those long runs and races. Big grin

A Saucy Wench

Another good call. Running with a hangover sucks.
        Disagree...running with a hangover sucks...but if you keep running it eventually cures the hangover. Hydrate well Big grin

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Lia's Daddy

Well, you can start by taking a little more time off from your obsession - I'll send you my address, I have a deck that needs to be rebuilt, and you now have the skills. See you at 8 AM on Saturday. BTW, it's a big deck - you'll need all three days of this long weekend. Wink You might ask for pictures before you sign me up. Wink On this I feel no sympathy - HTFU! Running with a hangover is "punishment" for not being in shape enough to handle your alcohol. You must run through the pain in your head. You will also get in practice in running after getting sick, which will be good for those long runs and races. Big grin
          I used to be a middle-of-the-pack drinker but now that I am running so much I have fallen way off a good pace. I'm going to try and work on that this summer. In fact, I ned to start training for a beach trip with some college buddies. BTW- I did catch six small mouth bass on Sunday morning. There are some things I can still do with a hangover!
          "Stadiums are for spectators. We runners have nature and that is much better." Juha "the Cruel" Väätäinen