ESPN feature on Ryan Shay - tonight (Read 854 times)

Live your life like there is no tomorrow.. Hug your kids, call your mom, Go Big. Ryan Shay was one of us.
    Runners around the state are getting better today ...are you one of them? TRAIN HARD
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, that was so hard to watch...and I noticed the change in Alicia's face. In the photos of her taken before Ryan's death she looks so much younger. Her face now looks so much older...like she's aged 10 years in a very short time. My heart hurts for her and for Ryan's family and friends.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

C-R

Oh, that was so hard to watch...and I noticed the change in Alicia's face. In the photos of her taken before Ryan's death she looks so much younger. Her face now looks so much older...like she's aged 10 years in a very short time. My heart hurts for her and for Ryan's family and friends.
        My wife and I noticed the same thing. She is carrying lots on her shoulders.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Oh, my, I'm not usually weepy, but that was tough. The candles on the high school track did me in.
            I just wanted to reach through the screen and punch that one guy on the Pitch Meeting.
            "On most days, run easy. On some days, run hard. But not too hard."

Marathonmanleto

Too bad they didn't focus more on his life and accomplishments. Just a downer.
                I just wanted to reach through the screen and punch that one guy on the Pitch Meeting.
                I agree. That part was stupid.
                  Good story, but I think the article in Runner's World by Amby Burfoot was much much better.

Ostrich runner

I hope Alicia makes Beijing, even if she doesn't I have a feeling that we haven't seen the last of her. I think her story will end up being the lasting one.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

That is one strong woman. I can't believe she can sit there and talk about it and even come close to holding it together. Don't even get me started on how she manages to run the same routes alone that they used to train on together. I thought the story was well done.