Running marathons -- not so pretty. (Read 1081 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Gabe, how do you run with your hair down? That would make me crazy. I went short this Summer 'cause I was sick of always having to tie it back and in the Winter it would get wet and freeze. I think your pics are pretty cool...I like that first one. I don't look that good in any of my race photos, so as a result have never ordered any. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Along for the Ride

I had my hair up, but then towards the end of the race I was getting toasty and just plain miserable all around ... I thought feeling the wind in my hair might help. Wink I think I ran the last mile with it down. I don't like my race photos either. Only one from the Vancouver Half in 05. I actually ordered that one.

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Coach Jeanne

Speculum Wrangler

Suffering at mile 25 of the Columbus Marathon: http://www.marathonfoto.com/order_packages.cfm?OID=17812007F1&CustomerNumber=G82P26&BFI=zr47nq788h&DTS=MjAwNzEyMDExNzA1NDk=&Currency=USD&Language=EN&PictureInfo=44149604 The heat and leg-muscle cramps did me in. By my training, I should have been able to "beat Oprah" (run a sub-4:29) , but by this point in the race, I was just happy to be finishing w/o an IV in my arm... PS - how do I post actual pictures vs. the link? (RA noob here)

Jeanne