Come see who was in my yard! (Read 649 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Earlier this evening this little guy was strolling through my yard: Red-Eared Slider Not quite sure how or why he was here, as we are quite a hike from the nearest body of water--at least for a turtle. He would have had to hike up a steep sand dune and cross some streets with lots of traffic. Too late DS and I decided that we should get him into a plastic tub and transport him down to the lake several blocks away...he had disappeared, probably into the wooded area near our yard. I hope he finds his way back to a more hospitable habitat. I think he was looking for water, as I had the sprinkler running--it's been really dry here for a couple of months. I also wonder if he was challenging me to a race. He was really pretty quick when my son was curiously following him. While on my run this AM I almost stepped on a little footlong snake sunning himself. I startled him as much as he startled me. Today has been quite the day for cute little reptiles. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

awww! turtles are cute! Smile Up until a few years ago, hubby's parents used to hold a gathering every year on July 3rd, called Turtle Fest. Tongue It was big doings...!
      While on my run this AM I almost stepped on a little footlong snake sunning himself.
      eeek, i knew there was a reason i liked running on the treadmill! lol
        awwwwww turtles are cute! Snakes can be too if they are in a cage Wink

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

"Males use long fore-claws to tickle female's head during courtship." I'm going to have to try that.
            We had one in our pond (several actually). I don't want to say he was big but you could hear him surface. I DON'T like them as they eat my fish!!! Bass, Bluegil and Catfish. SO!!! Target practice. The Catfish loved them. Snakes. NOT a problem. I WANT then as they take care of mice, rats and moles. Snatched a small snake the other day in the Tomatoes and had something happen that has NOT happened snice I was about 13 or 14. The begger bit me. Getting carless and slow in my old age. Didn't hurt and I had to look twice to be sure I got hit. Just happy it was not that monster Rat Snake I have seen a few times around here. She is more that 9 feelt long and a snake that big might leave a mark I would not need to check twice to be sure. I also am of the opinion it would most likely cause some minor pain

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

There's a joke in here somewhere about a guy with a bear as an avatar (Peke98)r, followed by a guy named Bear_Poop. Hopefully someone else can come up with it 'cuz I got nothin.' Clowning around

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think the joke is a bear, followed by bear poop, followed by Borat.... Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

Well with the lack of running I have under my belt if I were to run in say Alaksa or Montana there is a good chance I would BE bear poop. I have become gun shy about my ITBS

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have become gun shy about my ITBS
                    Better safe than sorry, you know. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

I've never seen a beer outside of a zoo, that would be a real treat!

Michelle

I've never seen a beer outside of a zoo, that would be a real treat!
                        Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhttttttttttt!! Clowning around

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhttttttttttt!! Clowning around
                          WHOOPS. Typo, honest. I've never seen a BEAR, I meant BEAR...outside of a zoo, that would be a real treat!

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If I saw a bear not separated from me by steel bars or the like I would freak the hell out--they can run fast and I can't! Wink k

~ Sarah Kay