Two ultras in 7 days (Read 1421 times)

Some of you may or may not have known of my two ultras in seven days which I successfully completed  this weekend.

On 27th November I ran a 35 mile downland marathon (Gatliff) and on 3rd December a 40 mile mountain marathon in Brecon Beacons, Wales

Here are my race reports

Gatliff Marathon (35 miles)

Breacon Beacons (40 miles)

Enjoy Smile

Jerry
    A runners blog-updated daily

Well done!  They both sounded like enjoyable runs.  I don't know how it could be possible to have that much fun when running for so long.  Big grin

BTW, I think it was nice that you stopped to help the injured lady on your second ultra.  Recover well.

Jerry, congratulations!

keeponrunning

You're nuts, but congrats Big grin

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

You're nuts, but congrats Big grin

Smile

After doing the river crossing with guide ropes to stop us falling in, in the pitch dark with only a headtorch, I too questioned my sanity....Clown

Jerry

#artbydmcbride

You're a tiger!!  Smile

Runners run

Queen of 3rd Place

Good gawd, it's one thing to do back-to-back ultras, but you had some tough terrain and conditions!

I loved this, as you near the end of the second event, that you and your friend "even howled with laughter when we took a  wrong direction and I found myself groin high in cold flood water." Way to keep your spirits up! 

Ex runner

You're a tiger!!  Smile

or a "liger" Wink 

congrats on your mega mile runs! (i can't even get up to one of your races in weekly mileage!!)

Treadmill Addict

Holy cow, congrats! What an amazing accomplishment! Smile

Sarah (37)

Mom to Abby (10) Jacob, (8) and Colton (5)

18 half marathons, 6 full marathons

Goals- run more, lose 20lbs.

Nice!

The Breacon Beacons.

Isn't this where they separate the men from the boys during SAS training / qualification?

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

Nice!

The Breacon Beacons.

Isn't this where they separate the men from the boys during SAS training / qualification?

Correct, we passed a group of British Army at 26.4 miles and got nods of respect from them as we did them as they were in full packs and rifles. They have specific routes to do in certain times, they were doing a 16 mile route in 4 hours, most would say not fast but remember these guys have to cover the distance and potentially fight a battle and win it

Jerry

Correct, we passed a group of British Army at 26.4 miles and got nods of respect from them as we did them as they were in full packs and rifles. They have specific routes to do in certain times, they were doing a 16 mile route in 4 hours, most would say not fast but remember these guys have to cover the distance and potentially fight a battle and win it

My brother went through the American equivalent called the Q Course (Green Beret) in the early 80's.

Very tough.

My hat's  running visor off to both the SAS and GB's.

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

Purdey

Self anointed title