foggy sunglasses (Read 371 times)

thumbs up!

Anyone else have this problem/solution? I live in Wisconsin, so my outdoor runs have been cold. I lose or break most glasses, so cheap is what I buy. If spending more means better lens that don't fog up, I'll do it.
    2010 Goals
    1. get to and maintain 20 MPW
    2. sub 50 min Crazy Legs 8k -- April 10 (so close! 50:13... next year)
    3. sub 30 min 5k
    4. improved time in Madison half marathon -- May 10
      when I played ice hockey we had defogger spray for the clear face shields. If we didn't have that around we rubbed spit in them. I don't know why we did that. mine fog up quickly. I take them off for a while and then they clear up. They do better after that. The best thing might be to leave the sunglasses in your car so they are already cold when you put them on. If you are already doing that... well... here's spit in your eye.

xor

Spit is what I've always used for diving and snorkeling. It works, sorta kinda, but not that well... I finally decided that I did it because everybody does it, and has done it forever. For skiing, I use a product with the odd name of 'cat crap'. You can get it from amazon, rei, etc. Works great. That said... in some conditions, there's very little you can do about glasses fogging up. I usually get nailed when I jump into a mid-race portapotty on a cold day. GAH.

gee when the alternative is cat crap then I guess spit doesn't sound so bad after all.