Lemonade/Citrus sports drink? (Read 732 times)

I love Gatorade Lemonade. Of course, now I can't get it in my area. Any other suggestions? I can get Accelerade Grapefruit/Citrus but I don't like it as much. Thanks in advance! Tim C.

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You could try making your own with unsweetened Kool-Aid. The recipe below is for a homemade Gatorade Endurance knock-off, but if you can figure out how to reduce the sodium and potassium to regular Gatorade levels (I think this would be maybe a quarter as much...?) you'd be good to go. Faux Endurance Sportsdrink 1/2 C. + 4 tsp. sugar 1/2 tsp. Morton Lite Salt 1/2 tsp. table salt 1 pkg. unsweetened "Kool-aid" mix (any flavor you like) Mix with 2 Q. water to make 64 oz. Each 8 oz serving has 56 Calories, 14 grams carbohydrate, 220 mg sodium and 85 mg potassium. Gatorade Endurance Formula (8 oz) has 50 Calories, 14 grams carbohydrate, 200 mg sodium, and 90 mg potassium. ~~~~~ A single serving is ~1TB prepared mix per 8oz. water. I've used it a couple of times and it's awesome.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Thanks, Zoom! I'll head to my laboratory and see what I can come up with. Tim C.

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

Julia1971

Vitamin water makes a lemonade sports drink. I'll sometimes buy that if the store has ran out of the Gatorade Lemonade.

Menace to Sobriety

Do a quick Google. You can buy powdered Gatorade online at several places. There were several flavors available, but I didn't go through the whole bunch to see if lemonade was there, but if you can get powdered Fierce Grape, I imagine lemonade is available as well. This is probably the best way to go anyway. When you buy it already made, you're getting hosed for mostly water. (pun intended)

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

I found a site that sells stuff by the case. I got a case of Lemonade GA at BuyTheCase.net. 12 of the liter bottles for $36 bucks. Couldn't find the powdered GA in Lemonade but I'll try zoom's suggestion, too. Thanks! Tim C.

Hawt and sexy

Dude, try the recipe. Lemonade flavored koolaid- 20 cents a pack at walmart (cheaper if you are not attached to name brands) containers of salt, under 2 bucks each 5 lbs bag of sugar-also dirt cheap. Seriously, with not even $10 you can make more that what you just bought online.

I'm touching your pants.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Dude, try the recipe. Lemonade flavored koolaid- 20 cents a pack at walmart (cheaper if you are not attached to name brands) containers of salt, under 2 bucks each 5 lbs bag of sugar-also dirt cheap. Seriously, with not even $10 you can make more that what you just bought online.
                  Yep, and as someone else pointed out, if you want to cut calories you can cut the sugar partly or sub with Splenda or whatever. Get the electrolytes, but not the calories...and for cheaper than any pre-packaged/pre-bottled stuff. Plus you don't have all that packaging waste.

~ Sarah Kay

I tried this except with fruit punch, only added 2 cups sugar, but a little more salt to the 64 oz, and it ended up tasting way salty. I had to dilute it up to about 80 oz to be drinkable, and by then you could hardly taste the sugar. I guess it would be good if I hadn't messed with it though.
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I tried this except with fruit punch, only added 2 cups sugar, but a little more salt to the 64 oz, and it ended up tasting way salty. I had to dilute it up to about 80 oz to be drinkable, and by then you could hardly taste the sugar. I guess it would be good if I hadn't messed with it though.
                      Yeah, it really doesn't take much salt. And that recipe above is for a knock-off version of Gatorade Endurance, which is something like 3-4x more salty than regular Gatorade.

~ Sarah Kay

I'm going to try the lemonade recipe. I already got the ingredients but I wanted to jump on the case of GA just in case. I'll give you my side-by side results when I get everything made up. TC