Comfort Foods (Read 848 times)

NICE! Big grin
    ahhh! I love your new avatar! Takes me back to my college days...
      Oatmeal with lots of brown sugar! Big grin
      ---- Cynthia
        I'm always open to Jif Peanut Buffer, Nature's Own Whole Wheat, and Milk.

Vim

Oh Mighty Wing

toast with butter and cinnamon and sugar... and oh yes we are now having potatoes with dinner tonight!!
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

toast with butter and cinnamon and sugar.
            I LOVE that! I have the worst craving right now for Cream of Wheat with a plop of butter and a generous sprinkling of turbinado sugar. *sigh* I don't have any CoW in the house, though... Cry

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Kirsten, all this talk about potatoes reminded me of this picture- an example of how the potato can no longer be a comfort food. The thought of eating anything fried while being sick, well, just makes me sick. Tight lipped

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Man, I wish I'd lose my appetite. I swear I'm eating just to make myself feel better. I have a horrible sweet craving--good thing we have no sweets in the house! Smile

~ Sarah Kay

Man, I wish I'd lose my appetite. I swear I'm eating just to make myself feel better. I have a horrible sweet craving--good thing we have no sweets in the house! Smile
                  Not even choc. chips for baking? My husband always manages to find those, no matter where I hide them. Angry I've been wanting to eat all day long but haven't been able to since my throat hurts so badly. My "dinner" was just a cup of choc. ice-cream with milk. How healthy is that?!?! Roll eyes

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Not even choc. chips for baking? My husband always manages to find those, no matter where I hide them. Angry
                    Nope...closest thing we had were Nutri-Grain bars. *sigh* I really want a warm brownie... Cry

~ Sarah Kay

Nope...closest thing we had were Nutri-Grain bars. *sigh* I really want a warm brownie... Cry
                      Ick - there's a time and place for Nutri-Grain bars - NOT when you're craving something sweet. A brownie...WITH ice-cream....(soothes the throat). Big grin

Michelle

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

I found these Hershey Kisses that are yummy! They are dark chocolate and raspberry flavor. I have only seen them once, and I bought a bag, but I eat one every other day. I love that five minutes of chocolate raspberry delight! Yes modified to add I eat one kiss, not one bag every other day....
                        "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
                          I found these Hershey Kisses that are yummy! They are dark chocolate and raspberry flavor. I have only seen them once, and I bought a bag, but I eat one every other day. I love that five minutes of chocolate raspberry delight! Yes modified to add I eat one kiss, not one bag every other day....
                          Just one? How is that possible? Big grin I'd want at least 15 minutes of choc. rasp. delight!

Michelle

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

I didn't think that I could do it either..... I think one of the main reasons for only one is that I have hidden them in my sock drawer and no one notices just one little treat. Yes modified to say....then I don't have to share. Roll eyes
                            "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Just one? How is that possible? Big grin I'd want at least 15 minutes of choc. rasp. delight!
                              Yeah...only I'd do it with those caramel ones...or hugs, or the peppermint stick ones.

~ Sarah Kay

waterfordrider

Team Effort

I like my cream of mushroom, grilled swiss cheese with jalapenos and a great big glass of Ovaltine. But if I am really miserable, a big mug of hot tea with honey and lemon. I do not know about all those mashed potatoes. To each his own Big grin

www.runninngahead.com/groups/5000MC/forum