Ambitious plan for the next season (maybe too much, LOL) (Read 181 times)

running metalhead

I'm posting this so that I have a no choice but to do it Smile

I have had a very bad year in 2014 in athletic terms. Underperformed, got lazy, wrong training system, scheme and timing and gained a couple of kilos. Not bad. I'm pretty happy, life is good and the weather is nice (not everything about global warming should be bad, right? )

But I don't feel quite comfy and I want to get back in track. My trail running scheme of 3x10K at normal pace plus 2x long runs proved to be crap and I DNF for the first time of my life, at km 40 in the Veluwezoomtrail. A shame but I enjoyed it a lot. Almost DNFed in the last 36km Devil's trail doing a bad time, enjoyed it too... I have decided to stop any usual activity and start again with running training in January.

My plans are:

• 15 January (or earlier) Open Klassement UHT (Utrecht Heuvelrug Trail) ~30K  (open classification, run individually at any date until Feb 28) 
    • 7 March :  Driebergenloop Half Marathon (on trail)
    • 3 May :      Salomon Koning van Spanje Trail, 34 km (or 17 if I feel unprepared)
    • 28 June:   Buff Veluwezoom Trail 53 km

I will use Pfiz schemes for the half marathon pasting a full marathon Pfiz to it and filling in the gaps with whatever I see fit. I need to switch back to training pre-dawn as training in the evening has proven to be a complete disaster.

So, that's it. I published it so that I have to do it. Now it's time for planning. May Thor smile on me and may Odin keep the beer cold in Valhalla

- Egmond ( 14 januari )            :  1:41:40 (21K)
    - Vondelparkloop ( 20 januari ) :  0:58.1 (10K but did 13.44!!!)
    - Twiskemolenloop ( 4 maart )  :   1:35:19 (3th M45!)

- Ekiden Zwolle (10K)   ( 25 maart )
    - Rotterdam Marathon ( 8 april )
    - Leiden Marathon Halve ( 27 mei )
    - Marathon Amersfoort ( 10 juni)

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

Why are you taking 3 months off?

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Half Fanatic #846

Why are you taking 3 months off...

...and then doing a 30K?  That doesn't leave much time for base building and training...

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

running metalhead

...and then doing a 30K?  That doesn't leave much time for base building and training...

It's an Open Classment  run, something very light and fun, being the price a woolen hat... you run a specific rout alone or with a bunch of friends, before starting you take a selfie with the clock of the train station in Driebergen-Zeist and when you finish you take a selfie with the clock of the station Rhenen.  I have no problem in churning out a 30K with minmal training at snail pace and the hills.. well, you would laugh at the very idea of call these bumps "hills", but that's flatland, we only have tulips and cows over here. 

Month' s off in my case means doing a ton of strength training, try to gain some muscle and forgetting about logging my runs, I'm doing an average of 50km per week now (35 miles or less, but more or less that). and trying all the crazy stuff I can think off like running 10K with "el cheapo" espadrilles XD

- Egmond ( 14 januari )            :  1:41:40 (21K)
          - Vondelparkloop ( 20 januari ) :  0:58.1 (10K but did 13.44!!!)
          - Twiskemolenloop ( 4 maart )  :   1:35:19 (3th M45!)

- Ekiden Zwolle (10K)   ( 25 maart )
          - Rotterdam Marathon ( 8 april )
          - Leiden Marathon Halve ( 27 mei )
          - Marathon Amersfoort ( 10 juni)