What would you do? (Read 832 times)

quads are tight from yesterday's new strength routine - added resistance machines to work quads, hamstrings, hips. I'm only running every other day, and today is my run day. It is about 43 - 45 and steady rain. I can 1) go to the gym and use the treadmill Dead 2) drive to the track and run on an even surface 3) just run my regular planned route - asphalt/packed dirt - total elevation about 1200

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
    Thyroid Support Group

va

easy, listen to your body, and good sense, pick 1)

I'd just go out on your planned route and play it by ear. Start slow and get a good warm up. If things stretch out, great, if not, then either stay slow or cut the run short. Then again, I lift regularly and enjoy running in the rain. 43-45 degrees doesn't count as too cold for rain yet, although it is getting there...

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

I vote for track. I need to do something with my quads... shoot I need to just get out and run Big grin

Vim

I'm sure you're home, safe sound and dry by now but my vote is for the track. It's a great surface, and it's easy to cut your run short if things don't go as planned. Hope your run went well, and you are on the mend.

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I voted for the track to and I believe that is where she ended up to. Hope to hear she had a good run!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Thanks guys! I'm trying very hard not to stress over every little pain I have - last injury really shook me up. Sometimes hard to tell if I'm just being a wimp. The track went great - I was the only one there. I love running in the rain! I think we need to invent running chaps - like just the front of your legs need protection since the backside always stays dry Big grin I think the quad stuff is a combo of the stepped up strength training and a new uphill route I ran Fri. In any case, lots of stretching today, and I'm glad I went out there. Thanks Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                Thyroid Support Group

Nice run Cheryl!! I was actually thinking that it was a combination when I first heard about your sore quads. As they say no pain no gain Wink Enjoy your rest day tomorrow!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Blush, Thanks, Pam - now - if I could just turn those .5's to 1.0 ..... Big grin

Go With The Flow
                    Thyroid Support Group