Running Wizard training plan (Read 972 times)

jeffdonahue

Just got my first email about my training plan workouts for today - great feature.  But what I realized (and hadnt noticed before) was that it looks like the Running Wizard website automatically imported my training plan from that site to RA.

HOwever, it didnt come over correctly.  My training plan on RW site ends with a race on 3/4/12 but when it transferred over to RA it has it ending on 3/11/12 and a few of the workout days seem screwed up.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Jeff

Just got my first email about my training plan workouts for today - great feature.  But what I realized (and hadnt noticed before) was that it looks like the Running Wizard website automatically imported my training plan from that site to RA.

HOwever, it didnt come over correctly.  My training plan on RW site ends with a race on 3/4/12 but when it transferred over to RA it has it ending on 3/11/12 and a few of the workout days seem screwed up.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Jeff

Jeff:

This definitely seems like Eric's question but let me just ask; so the race date on the RW schedule also says 3/11 or that part is correct (as you had picked) but when it's transferred to RA calendar, it came out incorrectly?  And where the workout days screwed up?  Is it all over the place or is it off, say, the first week and therefore the "shift" occurs throughout the plan?  Naturally, trying to identify the issue and the source of the issue so we can correct it.  I tried to see it with my own plan but the only thing that comes out differently was the # of weeks and the rest seems to be aligned fine.  Hard to identify potential issue when we can't duplicate it.

How's it working otherwise?

Nobby

jeffdonahue

Jeff:

This definitely seems like Eric's question but let me just ask; so the race date on the RW schedule also says 3/11 or that part is correct (as you had picked) but when it's transferred to RA calendar, it came out incorrectly?  And where the workout days screwed up?  Is it all over the place or is it off, say, the first week and therefore the "shift" occurs throughout the plan?  Naturally, trying to identify the issue and the source of the issue so we can correct it.  I tried to see it with my own plan but the only thing that comes out differently was the # of weeks and the rest seems to be aligned fine.  Hard to identify potential issue when we can't duplicate it.

How's it working otherwise?

Nobby

The race date I had picked on RW was 3/4 and that is what I see when I go to running-wizard.com, but when it came over to RA it came over with a race date of 3/11. 

For the most part it is just a shift of the plan up one week.

And then a few of the workouts came over on the wrong day - right now it shows two workouts on 2/26 and two on 2/29, but it looks like the workouts from the next week were put up there because there is no workout on 3/4 or 3/7 and when I compare it to the RW plan, it looks like those workouts were just moved up a week to double  up the week before.

The race date I had picked on RW was 3/4 and that is what I see when I go to running-wizard.com, but when it came over to RA it came over with a race date of 3/11. 

For the most part it is just a shift of the plan up one week.

And then a few of the workouts came over on the wrong day - right now it shows two workouts on 2/26 and two on 2/29, but it looks like the workouts from the next week were put up there because there is no workout on 3/4 or 3/7 and when I compare it to the RW plan, it looks like those workouts were just moved up a week to double  up the week before.

Ah!!  Or...did you, by mistake, create 2 plans?  Do you see a small box on the top left of the plan that reads: "Select a Plan to View"?  If you do, you have more than 1 plan and it's "dubbing".  I thought we had set a program so you can't create more than "overlapping" plans but, if this is the case, it might have happened either before this feature was activated or it didn't work correctly for some reason.  Did you purchase more than 1 plan?  That's another thing--you are not supposed to be able to purchase more than 1 plan UNLESS you pay for it.  Did you pay for multiple plans?

jeffdonahue

Nope, i only purchased one plan.   However, when I first created the plan I think I used the HM plan, but after talking to you changed it to the 10K plan (I dont think the site allows you to change once you've picked a plan now).  Though I think this may have been prior to Eric taking over the site, but I'm not sure.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Hi Nobby. I hope Jeff doesn't mind me hijacking his thread. I have 2 Running Wizard questions for you.

I signed up with a different email address with Running Wizard than I use here on RA, so the two accounts don't link up correctly. I tried changing my email address on Running Wizard, but it still appears to be using the original email address to try to link to RA. It would be nice if we could specify our RA account.

I had signed up for the 1 year subscription before the new site makeover (looks very nice, btw). I see that it gives me the option to create a new 5K plan after I complete my current plan, but what if I would like a half marathon plan instead?

Thanks,

Richard

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

jeffdonahue

No problem, i actually have the same question (or will later) as I am going to be training for a 5K in June next, so would want to switch to that plan from the 10k plan I'm on right now.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I hope that it is okay to add another Running Wizard question(s).  

If I incorrectly enter my recovery indicators is it possible to make a change after clicking enter?  As slow as my fingers are, they are still faster than my brainBig grin

Also, the weight that I enter at Running Wizard is auto entered to my workout At RA.  Should the RHR also be auto entering also? 

I do love the Running Wizard integration! Thanks Eric.

steph  

cmarkrun

I am having a similar problem, my email sends me my training plan plus another training plan that I don't recognize at all???

eric :)

Jeff,

I reimported your training plan, and this time it is correct.  I don't know why the dates were wrong and why it's correct now so I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

jeffdonahue

Thanks Eric.  Something on it still looks off though - it now ends on the correct date, but there are still two dates that have multiple runs on them.

I wouldnt worry about it though becuase my race is in two days.  I should be creating a new plan next week for my next race so I'll let you know what happens when it imports into RA.

Thanks again

Jeff

rabutler,

Please send me a PM and include the email address you used on Running Wizard so I can look up your records and see what happened.  I can then reset the records so you can link to your real RA account.

Thanks Eric.  Something on it still looks off though - it now ends on the correct date, but there are still two dates that have multiple runs on them.

I wouldnt worry about it though becuase my race is in two days.  I should be creating a new plan next week for my next race so I'll let you know what happens when it imports into RA.

Thanks again

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I think it is working as designed, even though it's wrong.  Running Wizard (RW) sends the set of scheduled workouts to RA to be saved to your account.  When RA receives the workouts the first time, it can save them without worrying about data consistency.  You logged your workouts as the days go by and RA marks the workouts as completed.

When I forced RW to resend your training plan, RA noticed you have completed workouts.  Instead of replacing the entire plan, it only replaces future workouts.  After all, past workouts are considered completed so you can't change them anymore.  You can manually edit your plan and delete the duplicate entries so the plan would be consistent with the RW plan.

I hope that it is okay to add another Running Wizard question(s).  

If I incorrectly enter my recovery indicators is it possible to make a change after clicking enter?  As slow as my fingers are, they are still faster than my brainBig grin

Also, the weight that I enter at Running Wizard is auto entered to my workout At RA.  Should the RHR also be auto entering also? 

I do love the Running Wizard integration! Thanks Eric.

TeaOlive,

You can edit your vitals on RA by editing the health entries.  RW loads your data from RA and calculates your recovery indicator from that.  Your RHR is also stored.  You can see that by viewing the health entries.

I am having a similar problem, my email sends me my training plan plus another training plan that I don't recognize at all???

cmarkrun,

I sent you a private message.  We'll take this offline.