pf chang marathon race report (Read 763 times)

Well, I know it is all relative. But, just remember most people reading this are green with envy regarding your time!
    Green with envy here, which means I'm ready for Paddy's day well in advance. Great race MC, and a great report.

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Marathon Maniac #957

MC - even your bad days are amazing to me. I always watch your training with interest to see what I can learn, and I learn a lot. Sub-3 on a bad day? Can't wait to see the day when it all comes together perfectly for you. Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

My sweet new crank!

I had a great race a PR for me. 3:33:37. (with two bathroom breaks!) A HUGE improvement for me 2006 was my last full and I ran a 4:24 (in 90 degree heat), so I am very pleased. The fans out thre were better than expected. I tried to keep with the 3:30 pacers, but lost them about mile 18. 21 was the wall for me, but kept after it. I feel like I left 99% of it on the course. Elite put on a good race I think. I would be excited to try some of the other RNR races. Hope everyone had a blast, and is paying for it today...Happy race revovery!!!
        Ryan O'D Gurnee, IL by way of Madison, WI via Wichita, KS via Denver, CO
          I enjoyed reading the report. Thanks for posting it.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

#artbydmcbride

Hot dog, you write a nice report. I am going to borrow your technique for those later miles. I am always looking to improve my mental game for the 2nd half of the marathon. Very speedy job, mcsolar99! Were you wearing your ruby slippers? I am looking forward to our relay race coming up too! Smile

Runners run

My Hero

Great race and report MC. I think they should change the marathon back to 20 miles.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Great report MC! I hear your disappointment and there is such a razor thin line between going out too fast and just right. The rushing around before the start didn't help any either... but... two sub 3's in a row!! You really rock!! Nice race and see ya next month! Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Nice report, MC. Those predictors are fine if everything goes perfectly, but we know how often that happens. Sub-3 is a terrific time--congratulations. Your effort, as indicated by HR, was strong throughout. I hope you find the key to a faster marathon or at least have a good time looking for it.
                    Great report! I hit the wall for the first time EVER in my running...Very aggravating, but the atmosphere there was absolutely AMAZING...I'll be back next year and I *WILL* break 2:00 (I did 2:04:49 on the half) Confused
                    "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
                    HermosaBoy

Can't complain about sub3!!! Rest/Recover and go get that 2:53 next time!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

First, mc, I want to say how nice it was to meet you at the expo. Dave, Sandy, and I enjoyed our visit. It's too bad we couldn't have had more time and made a party of it. I'm impressed with your performance and willingness to share with the rest of us. Even though you wanted to do better, congrats on one heck of a marathon. TomS
                          Nice race, MC! I know this one fell way short of your goals for the day, but you had backup plans b, c & d to keep yourself mentally in the race. Good job! I had quite a few runners people fall off pace on miles 14-18, the same place where you started to struggle. Sounds like pre-race was a little bit rushed for you Sad I agree that Yasso 800's predict about 6-8 minutes too fast for the marathon.. I've been OK with the Accelerade, and actually kind of like the taste of it. I know a lot of people that can't stomach it and "left it all on the course" that day. I just get gas from it Embarrassed Were you able to take in any type of electrolytes then? That may have played a small part later in the race also. It would have been nice to meet you in person there, maybe next year. Keep up the great running, and have fun with the Boomers relay! John