Shelter Friends (Read 691 times)

awwwwwwwwwwww they are all very cute!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Rumor has it that the German Shep. mix is part wolf. He's huge!
      I'd name him HTFU! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Very cute!

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Here are some pictures from tonight's visit to the animal shelter. We were very sad to learn that all of the bottle fed kittens died last week due to an infection. Sad KIRSTEN....This cat was just dropped off last week. Doesn't he look a little bit like your orange fur ball? Here's Christina holding one of my favorite younger cats. He's a sweetheart! This is Snitch. He likes to glare at you but is harmless. This is Riley. This is Amelia...she looks a little "confused" Big grin Christina holding Harold. A rather large lap cat. Christina got a little too close taking this one.

Michelle

This is Snitch. He likes to glare at you but is harmless.
            Snitch has perfected the feline "You may serve me now" look. Kudos to you for your work at the shelter, I don't think I could bear to leave them behind when it was time to go home.

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Snitch has perfected the feline "You may serve me now" look. Kudos to you for your work at the shelter, I don't think I could bear to leave them behind when it was time to go home.
              Poor Snitch, he spends most of his day pacing in his cage back and forth, kind of like the lions at the zoo. He's restless to get out from behind bars, which I don't blame him for. It is difficult to leave them. The owner of the shelter does her best, and I have to give her a lot of credit. She spends long days and nights in that shelter. The local judge sends a good number of community service kids to work there, and many of them continue working there past their sentence. And there is ALWAYS lots of work to do. Last month the oldest cat at the shelter was adopted out, she's 18 years old. I'm thrilled to know she won't be spending the last of her days in a cage.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

KIRSTEN....This cat was just dropped off last week. Doesn't he look a little bit like your orange fur ball?
                Oh, I LOVE massive, orange cats! Smile So happy to hear that old kitty got a loving home so late in life. Sad about those sweet kittens, though. Bottlefeeding kittens is really difficult. I have a friend who did that and I think all of them passed-away from failure to thrive.

~ Sarah Kay

Oh my goodness, how do you resist not taking them all home!
                    Here are more pats on the back for volunteering! I think it's so nice that you and your kids are doing that. I agree, though- I would have a hard time leaving w/o ALL of them. Just looking at the pics is difficult enough. Every once in awhile I'll hop on the local shelter pages here to see the animals (we're getting a puppy, but really am planning on it in the spring/ early summer of next year...I peek now anyway) and it's hard not to call them up and say "I'll be there in a minute! Hold all of them!" Smile
                      Oh my goodness, how do you resist not taking them all home!
                      My youngest son is seriously allergic to cats, my husband is allergic as well but not nearly as bad. When my daughter and I go to the shelter we end up practically getting undressed outside the house, and then head right to the laundry room and our clothes go right in the washer. Then we have to take showers right away to make sure we get all the fur and dander off. Not to mention the fleas. The shelter is full of fleas. My family knows that we'd have a house full of animals if it weren't for the allergies.

Michelle

ah that stinks. Atleast you get to spend time with them when you volunteer. What a great thing you two do!
                          ah that stinks. Atleast you get to spend time with them when you volunteer. What a great thing you two do!
                          The kitten that my daughter is pictured here holding was one that I ended up carrying around once I was done cleaning. He is sweet, gentle and playful. I would take him home for sure, if I could. Sad WELL...I would also take home Harold, and Snitch, and Sugar Plum and etc. If I had a huge farm they'd all be mine. Smile Except for Mister Hiss (he's too ferile)...I'll get a picture of the ferile ones the next time we go. Some of them are down right scary looking.

Michelle

You'll ruin your knees!

Oh, I LOVE massive, orange cats! Smile
                            What Kirsten's cats do while she's away...

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What Kirsten's cats do while she's away...
                              That's why we have covers on our toothbrush heads! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Don't you get such a warm fuzzy feeling volunteering?? I LOVE my Sundays at the SPCA --- AND James started volunteering with me! Big grin
                                2009: BQ?