The “Guess when Boston registration will close out” thread! Closed 7:54 AM EST on 1-26-09 (Read 1057 times)

JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

Just select age range up to 100 and it shows the total number. mta: assuming nobody over 100 years has registered.
    Good point I didn't think of that.
    bhearn

Last year it amazed me that it closed when it did. I had just registered, and figured I was in plenty of time. But I just barely made it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't recall Boston filling up before, at all, in the previous times I've run it (2005, 2006, or 2007). I have noticed that over the past 4 years the place you get for a given time has moved steadily farther back. More and more people are BQing. This year I would expect it would fill up earlier than last year.
      mikeymike

Last year it amazed me that it closed when it did. I had just registered, and figured I was in plenty of time. But I just barely made it.
        I did the same thing. Registered and the like the next day registration was closed. A buddy of mine had to have his club coach pull some strings to get him in. Oh 19,559 by the way.

Runners run

bhearn

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't recall Boston filling up before, at all, in the previous times I've run it (2005, 2006, or 2007). I have noticed that over the past 4 years the place you get for a given time has moved steadily farther back. More and more people are BQing. This year I would expect it would fill up earlier than last year.
          I wonder... if this trend continues, maybe they should tighten up the BQ times? That would piss off a lot of people, no doubt, but today's times are much more lenient than they used to be. And it's looking like they could still get a lot of entrants even if they tightened up the times by, say, 5 min.
          xor

I wonder... if this trend continues, maybe they should tighten up the BQ times? That would piss off a lot of people, no doubt, but today's times are much more lenient than they used to be. And it's looking like they could still get a lot of entrants even if they tightened up the times by, say, 5 min.
            Hey man. Hold that thought for one more year. Please.

bhearn

Hey man. Hold that thought for one more year. Please.
              You targeting a particular race to get in? Want a pacer?
              xor

You targeting a particular race to get in? Want a pacer?
                I keep having to put it off for non-running related reasons (it was Surf City, then Yakima), but currently Fargo with SD rnr as a backup. Appreciate the offer, but I'm going to try to do it Han Solo.

bhearn

I keep having to put it off for non-running related reasons (it was Surf City, then Yakima), but currently Fargo with SD rnr as a backup. Appreciate the offer, but I'm going to try to do it Han Solo.
                  OK. Good luck!
                  JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

And you guys acted like I was crazy for guessing 1-26-09!Shocked I did miss it by about 6 minutes though. Hopefully, I won't miss my BQ time by 6 minutes or any minutes for that matter. Anyway, there is always next year.