Dates in the future (Read 430 times)

Eric - on a trip to Bangkok I noticed that RA will not let me upload activities and then set the dates to "dates in the future".  But while in Bangkok it was the next day, so I think the edit in the activities fields assumes people using RA are only in the US.  John

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It might assume you are in the timezone which you have configured under your Options/Locale.

That is, if you are in Bangkok, and are trying to upload a run on Oct 24, but you have your Options/Locale set to a western hemisphere timezone where it is still Oct 23, that might be the issue.

Disclaimer: I am only speculating.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Best Present Ever

I had this problem when I was in Auckland last spring.(traveling from the US). I think perry is right - It assumes you're where you told RA you were.
          I had this problem when I was in Auckland last spring.(traveling from the US). I think perry is right - It assumes you're where you told RA you were.

Yeah, this is right because I live in Japan, but my time zone is set for Japan so even when I'm a day ahead, I can still post. When I went back to the states this summer, I added a run for the current day and noticed that it was showing the following day since I hadn't changed my time zone. 

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

In fact, now I do remember figuring out that I needed to set my RA locale correctly if I wanted to enter runs "in the future" from the western hemispherical perspective, when I was running in Asia.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

eric :)

As everyone has pointed out, you need to set the timezone correctly.  It would be nice if the browser can send over your computer's timezone.  Right now, if you're an RA user, you have to set the timezone in your preferences.  If you are not logged in, I have a bit of javascript that determines the time offset.  I did not integrate it into your preferences because determining time offets isn't reliable.