Hitting "Reset" (Read 457 times)

Beware, batbear...

Well, my knee is back from being twisted. I had to take 10 days off from running until it felt good enough to run again, but I went back to it yesterday. Actually, I ran a little bit more than I expected to yesterday. I've got a couple of goals in mind - one of which would be my first marathon in the late fall. I'd like to get back to it, but I'm not sure how much to run. I obviously don't want to get injured again. I'm not really sure how many miles to do on my way back up. Any advice?

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

an amazing likeness

Your task now is simple, build base miles. Do it without injury. Run slowly and run consistently. Stop on a run as soon as there is any (and by "any" that means a-n-y) knee pain. Work up to X (your choice, mine is 6 days) days per week, every week, without fail. No heroic distances or speeds. Just log miles until you're at 25 - 35 each and every week. Then start to work on your marathon training plans. That's my advice, you'll hear plenty of others. Pick something that you can do, and matches your goals.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.