The wonderful world of the WWW (Read 451 times)

My legs are killing me

I found an article on a website that targets young girls. It's almost hard to imagine that someone could possibly as low as the guy that tought this one up. Here is part of the article. A Web site that encourages girls as young as 9 to embrace plastic surgery and extreme dieting in the search for the perfect figure was condemned as lethal by British parents' groups and health-care experts Monday. The "Miss Bimbo" Internet game has attracted prepubescent girls who are told to buy their virtual characters breast-enlargement surgery and to keep them "waif thin" with diet pills. Health-care professionals, a parents' group and an organization representing people suffering from anorexia and bulimia criticized the Web site for sending a dangerous message to impressionable children. • Click here to visit the Miss Bimbo Web site. In the month since it opened the site, which is aimed at girls aged from 9 to 16, has attracted 200,000 members. Players keep a constant watch on the weight, wardrobe, wealth and happiness of their character to create "the coolest, richest and most famous bimbo in the world." Competing against other children, they earn "bimbo dollars" to buy plastic surgery, diet pills, facelifts, lingerie and fashionable nightclub outfits.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow...yikes! There are some really horrifying pro-anorexia/bulimia sites out there, too. Unreal that anyone would promote harming kids like that. Anyone who does such a thing should be strung up by their privates.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Ringmaster

Sad. Lead story in our local section today is about a high school senior (17, near-perfect GPA, recently accepted into UF, captain of the cheerleading squad) who died from complications of breast augmentation surgery. A memorial has been erected in the reserved parking spot where she usually parked her white Lexus. Why did she need bigger boobs? In case you want to read the story without my editorializing: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/south/epaper/2008/03/25/m1a_cheerleader_0324.html

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
        Mile by Mile

Big Black Guy

A memorial has been erected in the reserved parking spot where she usually parked her white Lexus. Why did she need bigger boobs?
          You can't drive around in a Lexus with a B cup.