oops, no Chicago Marathon for Lance (Read 928 times)

No. He should come run Monkey.

Actually, I think he'd enjoy this!!

Feeling the growl again

Total bullshit.

http://news.runnersworld.com/2012/09/07/lance-armstrong-denied-entry-to-chicago-marathon/

Yet another reporter perpetuating the myth that he is raising money to fight cancer.... I dunno. Things get fuzzy when you cross over to the amateur level...there will probably be maters in that rac that would test positive for some banned substances. But they are probably trying to exercise their right to refuse entry to make a statement against oping in sport.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

are you talking about  Lance or Ryan?

yes.

Ok, Lance MIGHT have been a doper in a sport full of dopers.  How many tour winners in the last 10 years have kept their title.  They all dope, not that it makes things right.  When is enough enough for banning this guy.  Will he be banned from local 5K fundraiser races too.  Would Lance stand a chance to win an age group award in Chicago anyway?  (I'm asking, I don't know).  Would he be banned from the PGA if he took up golf?  The whole thing seems silly.

Feeling the growl again

Ok, Lance MIGHT have been a doper in a sport full of dopers.  How many tour winners in the last 10 years have kept their title.  They all dope, not that it makes things right.  When is enough enough for banning this guy.  Will he be banned from local 5K fundraiser races too.  Would Lance stand a chance to win an age group award in Chicago anyway?  (I'm asking, I don't know).  Would he be banned from the PGA if he took up golf?  The whole thing seems silly.

If he was a doper in a sport full of dopers doesn't make it right, then what is the point of mentioning that it was a sport full of dopers?

Personally if I were the RD of a rinky dink 5K, I'd tell him to go find another rinky dink 5K.  But I would not think less of the other rinky dink RD if he/she let him in.

No, I think it would be an incredible long shot for him to win an AG award at Chicago.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

If he was a liar in a political field full of liars doesn't make it right...

Just askin...

There is no drug testing at the Friends of Reading Recreation 5k road race and Lance's doper ass is welcome to come run next summer.  Bygones.  It's not like he'd be a threat to win prize money anyway.

Runners run

Feeling the growl again

Just askin...

Those who insist on talking politics will be blocked from my facebook newsfeed and my beer-giving....I really don't give a hoot.  Smile

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hop Project #67.

Just sayin.

Feeling the growl again

Hop Project #67.

Just sayin.

Yes, very nice.  One left for this weekend.

Now see, wasn't that more pleasant?

As for politics, spaniel is not impressed.

DoppleBock

I hope Monkey never bans pot smokers - I miss Skootr already

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Nope. That was #66. I have #67 in my basement tho...

Prince of Fatness

Nope. That was #66. I have #67 in my basement tho...

You have my address?

Not at it at all. 

DoppleBock

Seems appropriate to me ~ Although I wonder if they check all other sports figures as close - Say if a Nascar drive gets in trouble for a banned substance ... Would he be allowed to jog a 5 hour marathon?

Who else should be banned?

Male enhancement drug users

Pot smokers

Ceffeine addicts

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !