Nobby's Sick - The Get Well Thread. (Read 1508 times)

#artbydmcbride

Get well soon Nobby! BlushAvoid picking up Bugs next time.

Runners run

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Get well soon, Nobby!

Jazz hands!

I thought this was going to be about what a perv Nobby was or something. Get well soon! Sleep on the couch and watch old movies. Works for me.
        run run run AHHHHHH run run run

shonan marathon, girl

お大事に!無理をしないで、早く元気になって下さい!今週の日曜日は東京マラソンです。どんなレースになるでしょう。This week is Tokyo Marathon. It should be an interesting race. Nobby, you have so much wisdom and knowledge to offer to runners at this forum, thanks!

next race SHONAN MARATHON nov 3rd, 2012, OSAKA MARATHON nov 25th, i am aiming for nyc!

So, BadDawg, when would I expect this visiting nurse?
            Sorry Nobby, there was a horrible mixup. My address, which was only supposed to be the billing address got entered in ship to field...

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

bap

Its tree pollen season in New York. The temperature jumped to 63 degrees yesterday and I was sneezing like crazy after running last night. Thank God for Zyrtec. Feel better Nobby.

Certified Running Coach
              Crocked since 2013

IamGreg

Hi Nobby, Sorry to hear that you are under the weather. Are you coming here to Japan to run on the 22nd?
                  I think we should pass the hat and send a visiting nurse. Hang in there Nobby, help is on the way.
                  Reminds me of the singing nurse from Ferris Bueller... "I heard that you were feeling ill. Headache, fever, and a chill. I came to help restore your pluck..." The rest I cannot print. Feel better!

Bugs

Nobby, Glad to hear your feeling a bit better. Hope "Bugs" did not pass on a bug to you. You better run with Trent next time. Wink

Bugs

Certifiably Insane

Wow... Thanks guys, and thank, Bugs! ;o) Yeah, this was the worst I felt in the last, I'd say, 6 or 7 years. Lorraine Moller suggested me to take this liquid mineral and I absolutely swear by it--the only time I got sick during this time was when I ran out and didn't get the new one quick enough. But I guess it didn't help this time... Actually I really thought this was because Bugs pushed me so hard last Saturday, running together... Good run, Bugs! Actually, did someone mentioned ginger? I just had ground ginger with honey in hot water tonight and I think it really helped (or was it just about the time to feel better...???). I got this recipe from this Japanese book and you're supposed to ground it with skin on. Try it next time you guys get sick (hopefully won't happen too often...)
                      Nobby, I do a LOT of ginger with honey, also. I find that some hot ginger tea before a race helps to keep my lungs clear. I have never tried grinding it with the skin on, though. I'll have to try that with the next batch I make. I have seen some liquid minerals at our health-food store. I've considered trying them. What brand do you use? I hope you're feeling better!
                      On the road since 1978! "To be good is not enough when you dream of being great." I am not obsessed! I'm just INTENSE! "Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool." Why? Because race results stay on Google forever! (Reasonably recent) PR's: 5K - 16:40 10K - 35:04 HM - 1:18:30

A Saucy Wench

I mentioned the ginger. I just take a chunk of fresh ginger and crush it with a mallet or side of cleaver (skin on - mostly because I am too lazy to peel ginger) and simmer it in water for awhile, then use the spicy ginger water to brew whatever kind of tea I want...or just with lemon and honey. I do think it loosens the chest.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Get better Nobby!

Bugs

So basically Nobby should run with a "Hot Ginger" and not "Bugs" so he won't get sick. Dam that is not good idea for Bugs as that run was fun. (You forget hills after a week.)
                            I have seen some liquid minerals at our health-food store. I've considered trying them. What brand do you use? I hope you're feeling better!
                            This is what he uses: ConcenTrace® Trace Mineral Drops http://www.traceminerals.com/products/drops.htmlSleepy

Bugs

A Saucy Wench

So basically Nobby should run with a "Hot Ginger" and not "Bugs" so he won't get sick. Dam that is not good idea for Bugs as that run was fun. (You forget hills after a week.)
                              Sounds like you need a new color.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

pokey52

Get well soon Nobby. "Hot Ginger " is good but Marryann was better!