Motivation..............any advice (Read 1493 times)

jfa

Gotta come from within Eddy. You were really kicking asphalt in the 1500 mile club if I remember correctly. Find some more of that mojo, if you can!

Tiefsa

Get a running buddy. That helps a ton. Set some goals too. Get a goal sheet every week and check to see if you meet your goals. I have a website for beginner runners. It is mostly for my high school cross country runners, but check out the part about setting smart goals. Good luck - Get out that door. Take care - CoachT http://www.tips4running.com/Smart-Goals.html
        Any of you got any motivational ideas to see me through the temptations of slacking with the training and diet

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

There's lots of good motivational ideas already - but here's another suggestion anyway. Find a race not too far away and with enough time between the race day and now that you can (if you stick with it) get fit enough to finish. Perhaps a half marathon? THEN pay your money, enter the race and tell all your friends, family, and people you bump into on the street that you will be running the ...... race. The people that support you will keep you thinking positive and feeling good about yourself, and the "naysayers" that tell you you'll never make it will fire up the anger and keep you going too. You've paid your money and told everyone you are going to do it - so you have to follow through or you'll look like an idiot. Worked for me.

Running - cheaper than therapy

Maggie & Molly

Eddy ~~ I'm with ya on the missing modivation. I haven't run more than 2 miles in a long time, I've overeaten and now I've gained 20ish pounds. Re-Joined WW myself and now I'm working on the run thing - come on -

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
            Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Slow-smooth-fast

Just for info guys, I am doing well at weight watchers, back under 195 lbs, going to keep going. My ultimate goal for the London marathon is 175lbs. Getting plenty of miles in too. Im happy again. Smile Expecially seeing a though I did a tempo before, 5 k, and did it in just over 20 with only a push in the last mile really.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009