Multiple Quoting (Read 1242 times)

L Train

what?

Yeah, baby, waffles flummoxed again by a Train.  Flattened like a pancake.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

No, you lost the timestamps on the inner quotes.

That is the design.  Inner quotes only get timestamps if they are different.

"run" "2" "eat"

that is what i tried, trent, and it didn't work. i nested quotes and lost the timestamps.

<p>&nbsp;</p>
        <blockquote pid="db3d2fd2907d4e3ca92edd8c45762084">
        <p>&nbsp;</p>
        <blockquote pid="4f5b567f76f645659b1f0f22c7f933e3">
        <p>you can quote the first, view the HTML, copy it to notepad, and so on with the following ones, and when you copy them back the timestamps will be in place. of course, this doesn't work with cross-thread quoting. timestamps are lost in cross-thread quoting.</p>
        </blockquote>
        <p>&nbsp;</p>
        <p>You had me at HTML.</p>
        </blockquote>
        <p>&nbsp;</p>

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

"run" "2" "eat"

Yeah, baby, waffles flummoxed again by a Train.  Flattened like a pancake.

pancake? did you say pancake?! i eat pancakes for breakfast!

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

That is the design.  Inner quotes only get timestamps if they are different.

that is what i tried, trent, and it didn't work. i nested quotes and lost the timestamps.

Interesting

Prince of Fatness

Interesting

Yes, this happens to me at times even when the quotes are not nested.  I need to pay attention and look for a pattern.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Interesting

pancake? did you say pancake?! i eat pancakes for breakfast!

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Yep, the pid is in the inner blockquote when you edit the html, but when you post, it is gone.

Not at it at all. 

"run" "2" "eat"

tater-boi -- if you are not nesting quotes, be sure you retain the pid info and close each blockquote tag. each pid is different and you might be dropping a blockquote end tag.

<p>&nbsp;</p>
                    <blockquote pid="4f5b567f76f645659b1f0f22c7f933e3">
                    <p>you can quote the first, view the HTML, copy it to notepad, and so on with the following ones, and when you copy them back the timestamps will be in place. of course, this doesn't work with cross-thread quoting. timestamps are lost in cross-thread quoting.</p>
                    </blockquote>
                    <p>&nbsp;</p>
                    <blockquote pid="db3d2fd2907d4e3ca92edd8c45762084">
                    <p>&nbsp;</p>
                    <p>You had me at HTML.</p>
                    </blockquote>
                    <p>&nbsp;</p>

you can quote the first, view the HTML, copy it to notepad, and so on with the following ones, and when you copy them back the timestamps will be in place. of course, this doesn't work with cross-thread quoting. timestamps are lost in cross-thread quoting.

You had me at HTML.

Prince of Fatness

tater-boi -- if you are not nesting quotes, be sure you retain the pid info and close each blockquote tag. each pid is different and you might be dropping a blockquote end tag.

No, I'm looking for that.  And interestingly, I went to modify my nested post, and when I look at the HTML the pid is still there.  It just does not display.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I have reported this incredibly important bug. 

"run" "2" "eat"

I went to modify my nested post, and when I look at the HTML the pid is still there.  It just does not display.

that is exactly what i found - the pids are there, but the info is not there.

I have reported this incredibly important bug. 

well, jiggity-jog!

The desire to know how to do multiple quoting on the running ahead dot com message board would be a sure sign to me that I need to spend a little less time on the running ahead dot com message board.

Runners run

Why is it sideways?

The desire to know how to do multiple quoting on the running ahead dot com message board would be a sure sign to me that I need to spend a little less time on the running ahead dot com message board.

But I would have won that argument if only I could have nested the quotes of my interlocutor!

But I would have won that argument if only I could have nested the quotes of my interlocutor!

What is the issue?

EDIT: Ah, I see it doesn't keep the inner quotes info.